Riders of Rohan developer diary takes you into Fangorn forest, notes the death of Boromir

Wednesday, 5th September 2012 15:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Lord of the Rings Online has a new Riders of Rohan developer diary available in which senior producer Aaron Campbell, executive producer Kate Paiz, and other Turbine developers discuss the new expansion which takes players into the gorgeous plains rules by the horse lords. The expansion will see the breaking up of the Fellowship, the slaying of Sean Bean, er um Boromir rather, the hill of Amon Hen, and Fangorn forest which is home to the massive tree shepherds, the Ents. Players will also be able to reach level 85 with the expansion, and shots of the new max level are below alongside screens of endgame content. Riders of Rohan will launch on October 15 and a Mac client is rumored to launch alongside the expansion.

1. Gheritt White

NOBODY CARES.

Man, it must be *so* crap having to PR this P.O.S…

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Wow. REALLY?

3. Gekidami

Its the worst free to play MMO i’ve tried, if only for the retarded limitations. I mean every level 30+ quest is pay to play? Why would i bother with that when others give you all of the base content for free?

4. Stephany Nunneley

Most content even Moria is free now.I am not going to comment on the F2P aspect of it, but to call it a piece of shit was just silly imo. I could think of worse games which would warrant such a response.

5. Gheritt White

Sorry Steph, I was just having a moment. I have nothing against the game or its players – I actually think Turbine are a great development studio and genuinely innovative to boot.

I’ll stop grinding my axe now…

6. Stephany Nunneley

No it’s okay. The game is not perfect, there are things that bug me to death, but, all in all I enjoy it and so do the people I play with. Like everything, it gets old sometimes when you have finished content, but, there are plenty of things to do if you can find someone to do it with. That is the problem I am facing ATM, so I’ll just do the festivals until RoR comes out. That should bring people back. And if they leave my hunter stats alone – unless they make us better and less gimped – I will be placated. :D :D ;)