Call of Juarez: teaser image points to new game reveal

Wednesday, 5th September 2012 13:06 GMT By Dave Cook

Call of Juarez has received a new teaser image along with tomorrow’s date over at the franchise’s Facebook page. Check out the image below.

Check out the official Call of Juarez Facebook page here.

The last game in Techland’s series was the sub-par Call of Juarez: The Cartel, which attempted to turn the series into a modern day Western. The teaser image looks as if it’s set back in the Old West, but anything’s possible with so little to go on.

We’ll have more tomorrow.

Thanks AGB.

1. dex3108

Well this is surprise :D

2. AHA-Lambda

Why even bother?

3. Dave Cook

@1 my experience with Call of Juarez: The Cartel can be summed up by this video I took of it.

10/10.

4. freedoms_stain

@3, what kind of Potato you shoot that with? :P

5. Dave Cook

my old iPhone 3Gs :(

I now have a better phone thankfully :)

6. dex3108

The Cartel wasn’t CoJ for me :D The Cartel is some lame game that is not worth playing. But Bound in Blood was really good Western game and i am glad that they are back on track (according image) :D I hope we will get god Western game because gaming world is lack of that kind of games especially on PC.

7. Dave Cook

@6 yeah man Bound in blood was great. Was surprised by how good it was.

8. freedoms_stain

The worst words you could hear in Bound In Blood “YOU are The Wanted Man” Oh Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

9. Ali

The first CoJ is one of my all time favorites. The second one was also there and I was stunned by how polished it was. The third killed the series for me, but I am keeping an eye on this, the team has the best music composer in the industry.

10. deathm00n

@6 Exactly, we need more western games, going to buy Red Dead Redemption GOTY today, I hope it’s as good as it looks. So far the best western I’ve ever played was “Gun” for PS2. Bound in blood is second to it

11. Moonwalker1982

Oh great…exactly what i was hoping for, NOT!

The Cartel was rubbish, 1 was great, 2 felt like CoD to me. Was hoping that this would be a new PoP game or completely new IP.

12. No_PUDding

I was supporting and anticipating the first CoJ all through it’s development. And one of the developers noticed me posting like a mad man on the Gamespot forums – this is long before Ubisoft picked it up.

He’s not with them anymore, but I ended up writing the back of the box for the game… When I was 14. Becuase they wanted ‘naturalised’ English.

I was also moderator on the forums. I let it go to shit ofcourse.

Anywayyyy… Hope it’s next-gen.

13. Edo

Back to the good ol’west,fuck yeah!

14. YoungZer0

Just hope they get better writers and artists on the project. Techland always had some of the worst character designers in the biz.

15. Da Man

The original CoJ was brilliant, despite having clunky gameplay and annoyingly cheap difficulty.