Tue, Sep 04, 2012 | 10:23 BST
Shattered Haven teaser trailer reveals a pixelated zombie apocalypse
Shattered Haven is described as a “Top-Down, 2D, Action-Adventure, Mildly-Rougelikeish Game” by developer Arcen Games. It’s dark, pixelated and brooding. It could be your retrofied answer to the Fallout series. Check out the PC trailer below.
Over at the game’s official site, developer Arcen has posted a shopping list of game features, as well as some insight into the zombie menace plaguing Shattered Haven’s world.
- Grays aren’t your typical zombies — they have a lore all their own, and theirs is a very different sort of apocalypse than Zed’s.
- Environmental puzzles make up most of the gameplay. Figure out how to use the tools, traps, and weapons in each level to clear all the Grays.
- Follow the story of Darrell and Mary as they try to save their family from a new and unexpected threat. Both in-game storytelling and painted-style cutscenes.
- Multiple endings! Depending on your actions, the story may end very poorly, happily, or somewhere in between.
- Over 100 hand-crafted levels. Two very experienced adventure level designers are designing the adventure from end to end.
- Included level editor! The same editor used to make the main adventure will let you make your own levels, cutscenes, or even entire adventures.
- Local 2-player co-op. Using two gamepads, two players on the keyboard, or any combination of the above.