Postal 2 dev needs your help to launch the game on Steam Greenlight

Tuesday, 4th September 2012 09:49 GMT By Dave Cook

Postal 2 developer Running With Scissors has been trying to get its violent shooter on Steam for some time now, and now Steam Greenlight could give it the open door it’s been looking for. All it needs is your support, but are you willing to give it?

The studio released a statement this morning asking for fan support on Steam Greenlight to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the series:

“For years Running With Scissor’s fans have been telling us how much they would like to see Postal 2 on Steam, and now its possible. In the past 72 hours since we tested the waters the response has been very encouraging.”

“This is your chance to help us make that happen! If you have a Steam account (if not please create one) and would like to support RWS, click the image and click a thumbs up as well as click the favorite button!”

If you want to support the project on Steam Greenlight and get Postal 2 on to Steam, head over to the voting page and show it some love.

1. The_Red

After Postal 3 I’m not so sure about them. Still, Postal 2 was a true blast. It was a rather badly made game filled with bugs but goddamit, that game was more fun than most modern shooters combined.

2. Talkar

Postal 1 & 2 were made by an entirely different team from Postal 3. Postal 3 has pretty much no affiliation with the other Postals or the dev team behind the other Postals apart from the name ;)

3. The_Red

I had heard stuff about Akella’s part in it but I was hoping that RWS was still the main dev. That’s really sad then. Never played much of Postal 1 but P2 was pretty much my go to game after any stressful day for a couple of years (Before that, it was Carmageddon 1 for 5-6 years!).

4. Talkar

Yeah Postal 2 is absolutely great! I can’t count how much time i’ve spent in that game, but i can honestly say, it never gets old to use a cat as a silencer for your gun ^^

5. Fin

So now we’re going to have articles about prospective Greenlight projects, along with those about Kickstarter? Hmmmm.

6. Dave Cook

@5 What’s wrong with that? People like to support Kickstarter. Why not Greenlight too? :)

7. KrazyKraut

But somehow the Like button at their page seems to be buggy. its at 4 % or something and they mentioned it already in their greenlight faq.

8. DSB

I welcome this kind of article. Greenlight is flooded with so many lousy projects that I can’t be arsed to sort it out myself.

Also didn’t know Running With Scissors were still around. I thought they spent all their time taking pictures of chicks in bikinis these days :P

9. absolutezero

There are far far more deserving games on Greenlight over fucking Postal.

Check out Silk’s Greenlight thread for a slight hi-jack into worthy games.

10. DSB

Wow, Signal Ops looks so damn cool. Thumbs up.

Also, Silent Storm. Silent Storm. Silent Storm!

I just get annoyed thinking about Zomboid these days. I’ve funded it from the beginning, but they’ve just handed out so many empty promises, with so little delivery.

Can’t blame Steam for passing on that. It’s glacial.

Heroes and Generals and Interstellar Marines are worth a vouch too. I was in the H&G alpha and it’s really quite awesome.

11. Lord Gremlin

Voted for Postal 2. Would love to play it again – oh the humor, the humor! It was like the old days, with Duke 3D and Shadow Warrior.
    BTW best way to play Postal 2 is with mod “A week in Paradise”, making original + addon one game + adding dismemberment and some other effects into original.

12. GwynbleiddiuM

I’d help that, I have found memories of pissing on angry radical ******, it was huge fun for me.