Joe Danger 2 releasing this month, last game in the series

Tuesday, 4th September 2012 10:51 GMT By Dave Cook

Joe Danger 2: The Movie is speeding towards a September release, developer Hello Games has confirmed. It will also be the last game in the series.

Hello Games’ sequel will hit Xbox Live Arcade at some point in September, with no word currently on a PSN release.

Speaking with Eurogamer, Sean Murray of Hello Games expressed relief at going gold, “When we heard the news that we’d gone Gold, everyone was shouting and celebrating. It felt really sad for a minute though and I couldn’t figure out why. I think it’s that Joe Danger is done now. We’re not going to make another one.”

“Don’t get me wrong,” Murray added, “I think this game is great, the best thing we’ve ever done and it feels like we finally nailed it. It’s a huge game made by a small team. We owed Joe a great swansong, a game that hopefully people still remember playing in ten years time. I hope we’ve done that. Saying that out loud, I just remembered how I should go join the rest of the team to celebrate now.”

Thanks Eurogamer.

1. HauntaVirus

Yikes, no pc release? This would do really well on Steam.

2. Dragon246

“game that hopefully people still remember playing in ten years time”
    Yeah, people will remember how they stabbed their ps fans by not releasing the game on the platform where it started. If this is how they treat their fans, they can say them goodbye.

3. HauntaVirus

^Ya, I wondered about that too, maybe it didn’t sell well on PSN.

4. Gadzooks!

‘Stabbed’ – priceless!

If you want a downloadable title to reach its potential then there are only 2 options, XBL or Steam.

5. Aimless

@4 Last time I checked Joe Danger sold almost three times as many copies on PSN.

Not to say I’m jumping on the “betrayal” bandwagon, but your trolling is no more palatable.

6. Gadzooks!

#5

A 17 month old port is not what you could call an accurate yardstick for sales performance.

Trials is the closest game for comparison purposes. Couple hundred K versus couple million.

7. Aimless

@6 I take it back, you’re not so much trolling as blast fishing.

8. Gadzooks!

#7

Thanks, but I dont see a rebuttal to the sales figures.

9. Ge0force

Wasn’t the 1st Joe Danger funded by Sony? Now that’s lame to make the sequel an x360 exclusive…

10. Da Man

Phil Harrison is the biggest traitor to walk on God’s green earth :(

11. Ireland Michael

@4 If you want a game to reach its potential then don’t hold any console bias whatsoever, and simple support a good game because it’s a good game. Whether its Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, Apple or Google. It doesn’t matter. It never has.

12. Gadzooks!

#11

I was talking purely of sales and reaching your audience from the developers point of view. They want the widest reach possible.

13. Gadzooks!

#9

There is nothing to suggest this is an exclusive game, so far…

14. DrDamn

It’ll just be the usual Live 6 months exclusive and we’ll promote it for you type thing. Sony does the same. It’s beneficial for small devs to do it this way unfortunately. They went with Sony last time and MS this time.