Half-Minute Hero – teaser image indicates the Marvelous title is heading to Steam

Tuesday, 4th September 2012 17:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Half-Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax may be heading to Steam, if a mysterious teaser image sent to D’toid is any indication. There’s not much to the image, only an outline of some characters and reveal date of September 27. There’s a Marvelous logo at the bottom and a sign featuring a steam engine, so it’s sounds pretty cut-and-dry. Half-Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax was originally released on PSP and finally landed on Xbox Live back in June 2011.

1. TheWulf

Really? There are a lot of Japanese titles coming to the PC of late, both indie and commercial alike. Is it that the PC is providing a more hospitable environment for translated Japanese games of late? If so, I’m completely okay with this, because I seriously miss these games.

If this is indeed a paradigm shift that’s favourable of the PC, then it means that I might be seeing more of the things I like, over time. I think it’s also true that most old Japanese game fans are now on the PC, though, due to emulation. I definitely think there’s a massively large per centage on PC versus console users.

Nothing against console users, but most of them these days are there for the Western AAA titles, and not the obscure Japanese stuff. Apparently Japan might be realising this now, too.

This will be interesting to watch.

2. DSB

This game is about premature ejaculation right? You can’t tell me they just picked that out of the blue.

3. TheWulf

Uh. No. It’s about a game in which you perform a number of tasks within a certain time frame. Such as saving a region within 30 seconds. I don’t understand how you. What? How does your mind even?

Your brain. How does it work?

Okay then. That’s the second time my mind has been broken today. First by Hutchinson, and now by that.

4. DSB

I’ll let you think on that one.

Me, I picture it going something like this:

5. OrbitMonkey

^ Somewhere, someday, that needs a kickstarter and made into a game ;-)

6. Da Man

Why on Earth would you want your real life mimicked in a videogame, monkey :( ?

7. OrbitMonkey

Da Man you can go fu…

Unh ;-)

8. Da Man

I try to be as cynical and idiotic as my audience.

So do you have anything to say on topic, or not really as usual?

9. OrbitMonkey

^ hello kettle, I’m pot. You first.

10. Da Man

Why yes that was my point, can’t believe you finally got it.

11. OrbitMonkey

Oh i get it alright!

Wut?

12. Da Man

Monkey, that’s no way of talking to strangers :(

13. OrbitMonkey

Bro, your no stranger! ;)

14. Da Man

Sure I am, you cunning psychologist :(

15. OrbitMonkey

^ No your not… Your beige.

16. Old MacDonald

Good thing they didn’t have to submit it to Greenlight first. “It’s not COD, downvoted!”