Guild Wars 2 trading post now fully operational

Tuesday, 4th September 2012 09:19 GMT By Dave Cook

Guild Wars 2 developer ArenaNet has officially rectified issues with the game’s trading post feature following a rocky launch period. The feature is now open to all players worldwide and without hiccups, reports suggest.

ArenaNet had been working to resolve the trading post issues last night – which saw the auction house flaking out after being bombarded with high volumes of transactions – and Eurogamer is now reporting that the feature has been fixed.

An official statement on The Guild Wars 2 wiki by ArenaNet explained its move to fixing the problem, “We’ve been expanding the Trading Post’s capacity to handle the huge volume of requested trades. After our test yesterday, we’ve been working to resolve some issues reported by players.”

ArenaNet is currently looking in to group-splitting issues, and recently banned up to 3,000 players for ‘exploiting’ vendor prices.

1. Tiffania

Nice!

2. NeoSquall

Finally.

I need fucktons of iron, wool and more crafting materials.

3. GrimRita

Bugger and I am stuck at work. Typical lol. 14 hour battle in WvW last night. And, what I liked most of all(that I discovered) is that if you are in ‘Blacktide Borderlands’, you can scroll the giant map, and Q for another borderland if they need support.

The game is just littered with nice design touches and now that the Trading post is working, will be the icing on the cake. The only downside is that I have now spent £100 on gems(!) but the way I see it, this is money well spent.

Arena have been smart about this being F2P but I think if they offered a subscription model, people WOULD pay it but they can get a bit more money from us folk by being free.

Loving the game and the scope. This is why SWTOR failed. Too linear, too restrictive and outdated in every single way possible.

4. viralshag

What on earth are you spending so much money on? This game is good but not £150 good haha.

5. GrimRita

@4 – Mostly gold to purchase siege weapons. I’ve bought a couple of boosts, Armour and storage. But now that the Trading post is up, I probably wont spend much going forward.

But I see it as an invesment tbh. I am having ALOT of fun and havent felt the need to ding 80 at record speed(I have 3 toons atm and want to try out classes) but really enjoying DEREK ACORAH Elementalist. So if you see me, tell me to piss off lol

Currently on Black Tide – great WvW server. I dont plan on buying any other games this year,unless something gets me in the mood – I wont be buying Total War next year as a day 1 as I will now wait, probably get Football Manager, Tropico #5 and Metro.

6. viralshag

I thought you were going Gunnar’s Hold? Welcome to Blacktide, we’re awesome! I’ll have to add you later. That makes a few of us on there, the rest of you non-Blacktide losers should make the jump over to us, so you can be on a cool server… :P

7. GrimRita

Haha. I did go to Gunnars Hold but they were useless at WvW mostly. So popped on to BT and love it. Maybe Dave Cookie Monster can jump over when he starts to dive into WvW – we can help the nOOb along ;)

8. DSB

Damn, it’s about time! Now we just have to wait for the flood of crafting materials to calm down. I bet the market is gonna be screwy for a day or two.

And hell yeah Grim, what’s your GW2 tag?

9. GrimRita

I cant remember my number but its Grim Rita – or just whisper Derek Acorah tonight. Ive him, or Grim Rita as well. Post your tags and I will catch you when I get home