Apple invitations for September 12 event start rolling out

Tuesday, 4th September 2012 17:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Apple has sent out invitations for its September 12 media event, which takes place at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco at 10.00am PDT/1.00pm EDT. Unfortunately, the invite doesn’t contain clues regarding what the firm plans to announce, as with previous invitations, but it’s rumored a mini version of iPad and possibly iPhone 5 will be announced. We’ll just have to wait another week to know for sure. Thanks, Ars Technica.

1. someguy2

No clues apart from the fact the shadow on the invitation is a 5

2. Razor

Well I hope the screen is a lot bigger on the next iPhone.

3. G1GAHURTZ

^ You must be like, the only person on the internet who doesn’t know exactly what the iPhone 5 looks like…

4. Da Man

Every single new model of smartphone these days has an ugly 4 + inches display. iPhone4S is the last of a dying breed, I’m not even joking, the obsession with large displays is utterly retarded.

5. CyberMarco

Just another over-priced and over-rated product. (personal opinion)

6. OrbitMonkey

Well seeing as how the Galaxy S3 IS the iPhone 5, it should be quite a nice piece of tech.

7. Da Man

You mean in the same way CoD is the next Counter Strike?

8. OrbitMonkey

As in the later is better than the former? Whose to say?

9. Da Man

Obv not you with your alcohol induced quick scopes.

But then, you do think you’re the one to call Samsung’s iPhone clone the next one, so anyway.

10. OrbitMonkey

^ Oh you and your assumptions, so adroit and witty.

11. Da Man

Oh no you!

And your assumptions!

The second tab opened in your browser is 4 chan, surely.

12. OrbitMonkey

^ Yeah you got me pegged! Sharp as a tack you are ;-)

Wit as dull as a butter knife mind, but anyway…

13. Da Man

You know you really did convince me today that modern males tend to be sad little bitches :( More one liners please.

If only you’d have half of my wit, you probably wouldn’t be typing all this on a genius keyboard from a basement you work at.

14. OrbitMonkey

!^ oh my, did you really just say “if you had half my wit” :-D

Ok, I’m not gonna top that :-P

15. Da Man

Hey, at least I practice foreign languages as much as I can instead of trying hard to convince people across Europe they shouldn’t hate Sony.

16. OrbitMonkey

lawl, i could give a fuck about Sony. If they went bump tmro morning i’d have a 360 before the last employee cleared their desk :)

Your assuming again, you cunning linguist you.

17. Da Man

Raging again :( Hit a nerve, sorry.

What I’m assuming though is that you get defensive since your player did cost you quite a bit. You witty person.

18. OrbitMonkey

No your being silly Da Man. Cool as a proverbial me.

And as for defensive? Well when i start whining that peeps rag on Halo, or that i’m no big ol xbot fanboy cuz i hates Gears … Then maybe i’ll own up to that.

P.s. The single use of the word “fuck” is raging to you? You wear knitted tanktops dontcha?

19. Da Man

Nope, monkey you’re anything but cool, that’s for sure. Besides your shitty one liners hiding rage against the obvious fail you.

Err, righty.. o.O

The more you say all this, the more I want to comment on the next Naughty Dog article. Really can’t wait now.

20. OrbitMonkey

R Rage against the obvious? Only you are making sense to yourself now. I think your post in the spambot forum covers your defensiveness…

Wait, was you being sarcastic? Its hard to tell with you :)

Oh & rage all you like in the next Naughty Dog article, i’ve been saying all along how predictably dull you are ;)

21. Da Man

hahaha.

22. Ireland Michael

@20 You’re dragging this out 10 posts longer than it needs to be. You’re giving the guy exactly what he wants, and helping him ruin discussion in the comments in the process.

23. OrbitMonkey

Sorry lreland, was just having some fun with Da Man .

Da Man, no hard feelings , i always read your posts with interest. Even if i don’t always agree, their often informative, succint and to the point.

Kudos.

24. Da Man

Allright.

I deeply apologize. Even though it seems like i flame you sometimes, Mr Monkey, I’m really thrilled having someone as intelligent and humorous to communicate with on this website.

Cheers.

25. Ireland Michael

@23 He doesn’t care.

26. OrbitMonkey

@Ireland. No, probably not :)

Still doesn’t hurt to be civilised ;)

27. Da Man

I do!!

28. Christopher Jack

Is a whole event really necessary just for a single product & small OS update? This isn’t just aimed at Apple, some others do it too, but most have an entire new range not just a single product with 3 different storage sizes.

@4. Personally, the 3.5″ screen on the iPhone is far too small for someone with as large of a hand span as myself (rough measurement puts it at around 24cm). It is also an inconvenience for movie viewing, etc. while on the go.

In saying this, there is such a thing as too big, like in the case with the Galaxy Note. It’s a really nice phone but even I can’t reach both sides with ease using a single hand. I find between 4.3-4.8″ with a small bezel to be the perfect fit.

This also depends on your dress style too, I tend to have large pockets so I could easily fit a large phone if needed however I’d imagine someone with hipster jeans or tight pants in general would struggle.