Angry Birds sequel Bad Piggies to release later this month

Tuesday, 4th September 2012 15:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Rovio has announced Bad Piggies, a sequel to Angry Birds, will arrive on iOS, Android, and Mac, Rovio has announced.

The game allows players to don the ears and nose of the green pigs will nary “a slingshot in sight.”

“There’s a lot of empathy towards the lovable enemies from the Angry Birds games, and we’ve been constantly asked: what about the pigs’ side of the story?” said Mikael Hed, CEO of Rovio.

“Bad Piggies gives you the chance to play as the second-most-loved characters in the Angry Birds universe, and explore this rich world through their green eyes.”

Bad Piggies will release on September 27.

A teaser video is below.

1. DSB

Grrr, those pigs make me so angry.

2. Dave Cook

Yep, can’t stand Angry Birds.

3. Ireland Michael

Pfft, Angry Birds is a modern masterpiece.

4. Stephany Nunneley

@3 Serious or factious? I play it every night to help me fall asleep. Not too fond of AB Space, but I like Seasons, the original game, and Rio rather well.

5. G1GAHURTZ

Rovio are beginning to look like one hit wonders.

I’ve got almost all of the Angry Birds games, but I’m not interested in anything else they’ve got.

Bad piggies just looks lazy…

6. Ireland Michael

@4 Both. Hahaha.

Calling it a modern masterpiece is a bit over overblown, but its a perfectly valid game. Anyone who thinks it isn’t can go 3 star every level in Angry Birds Seasons without the aid of a guide, and then come back and tell me how easy it was.

7. G1GAHURTZ

What does difficulty have to do with quality, anyway?

8. Stephany Nunneley

@6 I have 3 starred many a level, but I have to say I have had to look up the ones I have the most trouble with. I hate those pigs and their fortress building skills out of 2x4s and glass. I dunno if I can play as one :p

9. Ireland Michael

@8 The inherent challenge and diffculty allows it the valid title of a “hardcore” game. It has challenge that requires a degree of skill, and a lot of forward thing.

Games aren’t just about who can press the button the fastest.

Quality is, of course, entirely subjective.

10. OlderGamer

I like the game. Perfect for what it is.

11. G1GAHURTZ

I didn’t say ‘What does difficulty have to do with how casual/hardcore the game is.’

I asked what it had to do with quality.

And while quality is doubtless something which is subjective, difficulty is, to a large degree, measurable.

Getting past level 2 on Robocop 3 on the SNES was almost impossible, but that doesn’t mean that I could start suggesting that this made it slightly less than a masterpiece.

12. Ireland Michael

@11 I was being facetious.

13. DSB

I think it’s a universal law that simple design + commercial succes = internet hate.

Angry Birds is fun. Who cares if it’s one in a million castle crasher clones?

14. Ireland Michael

@13 And far better than it too. Crush the Castle is a pretty abysmal game.

15. DSB

Well, they are legion. I think Crush the Castle is pretty fun.

16. tablet-2012

The Bad Piggies are the main antagonists in the Angry Birds series used by most dokunmatik telefonlar, who are constantly stealing their unhatched eggs, desiring to cook and eat them. In order to prevent the Birds from taking back their eggs, the King Pigcommandshisarmyof pigs of pigs to construct many buildings and structures to keep the birds from reaching him.