Halo 4’s latest trailer ‘A Hero Awakens’ gives a behind-the-scenes glimpse at the game’s development at 343, it also shows several pages of the game’s script, including what appear to be the ending. Be warned of POTENTIAL SPOILERS..
The trailer, shows inside 343’s studio, as well as shots of what appear to be the script sitting on a table. So while this is a leak – albeit an unintentional one by 343 – this could merely be placeholder or a deliberate tease by the studio, so please take this with a dose of salt.
Script images are at the bottom of this page.
Eagle-eyed gamers at GAF have transcribed the script snippets that hint at Halo 4’s key antagonist, the Didact, which read:
“In that case, you won’t mind…” Cortana appears behind the Didact.
at all of the Cortanas emerging from the Bridge
“Compassion for mankind is misplaced.” – Didact
“I’m not doing this for mankind.” Chief then charges thet Didact.
- Rushes towards Didact and jumps all over him (legs, arms, chest, back)
- Several takes of “Cortana” tackling and climbing on random objects at full speed.
- Didact is attacked by Cortana. He attempts to swat at Cortana as a means of self defence.
- Didact unclenches his fist and drops Chief.
- Cortana begins restraining Didact by constraining his limbs to the Bridge.
- Several takes of “Cortana” climbing on “Didact” actor and then…
- a specific body part (head, back, waist, knees, ebows, shoulders)
- Didact struggle idle.
- Chief is released
- Chief immobilised pose
- Chief falls, lands on edge
- Chief hanging idle
Here are other plot points gleaned from the trailer:
- When Master Chief awakes, the Forward Unto Dawn is boarded by a bunch of Covenant – they are looking for something, not the Chief.
- The Covenant, a particularly religious remnant led by the Elites, have come in search of Requiem to find and look for a Forerunner weapon cache.
- The Covenant also believe Requiem to be the place where a living god is being kept – they wish to find and wake him up to enlist his aid in fighting humanity.
- Main antagonist is called Didact, an ancient Forerunner. He is the being the religious Covenant believe to be a living god.
- Dr Halsey, who made a cameo in Reach, makes an appearance as the Chief wants her help to find a solution to Cortana’s “problem”
- Cortana is able to project multiple versions of herself at once – multiple Cortanas
- A climatic battle involving the Chief, Didact and Cortana takes place
- A character has, or appears to have, telekinesis
More information about the Didact has emerged from previews of unpublished Halo 4 book The Thursday War over on Amazon.
Here are the quotes:
- “Don’t you see it? Requiem. That’s where the Didact was hidden. That’s where they say he waits.”
- He tried to fight the flood. He tried to destroy the humans.
- That, he said, is the symbol for the holy warrior who will come to the aid of the faithful in their hour of need.
- Didact sleeps and must never be woken.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.