PlanetSide 2 beta stats are rather impressive

Friday, 31st August 2012 17:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

PlanetSide 2 stats from the beta have been released by SOE, and they are rather impressive.

Here’s the full list:

• Players averaged over two hours a day in-game.
  • 8.5 billion points of damage done to players
  • 5.8 billion points of damage done to vehicles
  • 535 million shots fired
  • 194.6 million shots hit
  • 6.3 million player deaths
  • 2.3 million rockets launched
  • 571 thousand grenades thrown

Empire allegiance breakdown:

• Terran Republic: 34.67%
  • New Conglomerate: 32.96%
  • Vanu Sovereignty: 32.37%

PAX Prime is the first consumer showing of PlanetSide 2 in North America. The game is currently in external beta testing and will be available as a free-to-play title on PC via digital download later this year.

The NDA on the beta has also lifted, so be on the look-out for player screens, thoughts, and videos around the net.

1. unacomn

I hope to upgrade my rig soon so I can play it properly. An old Pentium D with 2GB of RAM is enough to run it, but when the hammer drops, it yells in pain and begs me to stop.

2. DSB

I spit on your NDA. Puh, puh.

It’s getting a little lagged out with all the people playing right now, but it’s still great fun.

Some of those battles are just straight up nuts.

I’m surprised at how well the factions seem to be balanced at the moment. In the old game, the Vanu would always be well below the other two.

3. Klaxusprime

The only useful data, number of players, is missing. Congrats, Sony

4. freedoms_stain

@3, since they’re still controlling entry, the number they want. It’s not really a very significant number in that light.

In general I’m loving the game but I’d like to see them tighten the accuracy on the weaponry.

5. DSB

@4 Usually my problem is the muzzle flash. When you’re fighting during the night it’s damn near impossible to see what you’re shooting. Which I guess is pretty realistic :P

The fact that people do have to shoot a lot makes for some beautiful scenery though. Yesterday when we were fighting at The Crown, there was an airfield just south of us with two galaxies parked, just firing at NC coming over a hill, which turned the night into a sea of tracers from the galaxies and something like 50 guys standing around them, pounding the hill.

It’s a beautiful thing, if nothing else.

6. GrimRita

Did more than 3 people login? :-P

7. Chockster

6.25 million of those deaths were mine.

8. Colin Gallacher

I’ve fallen to my death more times that I’d care to mention. :(

9. DSB

I feel pretty good that my head-on charges usually earn me something like 3-4 kills for every one of my own, but yeah, you are very much in Stalingrad, and you are very much going to die :P

Falling deaths tend to happen whenever I get in a fighter. It’s not one of those games where every Reaper comes with a parachute.

10. roadkill