Borderlands 2′s Varkids get nastier as you fight them

Wednesday, 29th August 2012 00:58 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Borderlands 2′s enemy creatures don’t just come in a variety of increasingly powerful forms – they’ll grow bigger and meaner in front of your eyes.

The image below, harvested from the Borderlands Facebook page, shows off how one kind of enemy, the Varkid, will form cocoons in order to spawn nastier versions of itself. This may put you in mind of the original Borderlands, where you’d be merrily taking pot shots at skag whelps and a badass skag would lunge out of a pipe and bite your face off, only slightly more gross.

Borderlands 2 releases in September -vwhich is very nearly now, hooray! – on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. Se_7_eN

I am super excited for Borderlands 2! BUT…. With Guild Wars 2, my copy will probably sit on the shelf for a little while :(

2. Phoenixblight

Will be the opposite for me. GW2 doesn’t have any raiding so there is no need to rush to max level in hope to gain the coolest loot. I can do PVP whenever I want which puts you at max level along with giving you separate gear and weapons for that also the game scales your level to the area you are in if you are higher level so my friends can play with me without worrying about the player being too overpowered.

3. OlderGamer

GW2 scales? I didn’t know that, and I play it. Or is it just for PVP(which I hadn’t tried yet).

4. Phoenixblight

PVP will put you at max level, give you all abilities and traits along with weapons and armor for PVP.

If you are higher level like level 10 you can go to the beginning and it will scale you to that level and you will still gain rewards for doing events and quests.

5. viralshag

@ OG, it’s a pretty neat system, II have been playing an Asura and while about level 27 I went and levelled with my mate who was a 12 Charr. It’s much better than boosting a lower level character.

I’m not sure I like the no-XP gains in battleground PvP. Unless you’re on the overpowering force in WvW it’s very difficult to get good XP gains, so it kinda writes off PvP levelling for me. Which is a real shame. On the flip side, it’s nice not having to level a character to get to the competitive PvP.