Legacy of Rome has been announced as the latest expansion for Crusader Kings 2.
The expansion adds the Byzantium Empire along with its rich political system, as well as a few “cranky and disgruntled vassals split into factions,” ready to revolt against your rule.
Legacy of Rome also introduces Leader Focus, with generals’ skills “carrying more importance than ever before.”
Players can also appoint their own Orthodox patriarch and will have greater control over levies from vassals, and new Byzantine-specific events and decisions will be available as well. Self-Improvement ambitions have also been added for Regents.
Here’s the full list of added features with the expansion:
- New Faction System: Join a royal faction and use your allies in the party to enhance your strength and tear down rivals.
- Raise Standing Armies: You will now be able to use retinues to have standing armies in your domain: the size of which is determined by technology.
- Experience Factional Revolts: No more easily defeated rebellions. Disgruntled vassals will now band together in revolt against your rule through their faction.
- Appoint Orthodox Patriarchs: Orthodox kingdoms and empires can now control their own heads of religion and their powers, instead of being dependent on the patriarch of Constantinople.
- Streamlined Mobilization: You will always raise a single, larger levy from your direct vassal; no need to worry about the opinions of the lower vassals.
- Leader Focus on Combat: Appoint your generals wisely, their traits and skills are now of vital importance on the field of battle. More commander traits are now added to increase the importance of your choice of military leaders.
- Byzantium Comes Alive: New sets of decisions and events specifically designed with the Byzantine Empire in mind
- Improve your ruler: You can now actively strive to improve your skills or traits through the new Self-Improvement Ambitions.
Legacy of Rome will release for Crusader Kings 2 during Q4 2012 on all major digital download portals for $9.99.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.