Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Super-Grind, part 1: Demolition, St Marc

Tuesday, 28th August 2012 20:00 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Here’s something new. We play a game for ages, show off everything we can find in it, video it, put it on the internet. We’ll call it “Super-Grind” because it’s late and I can’t think of anything better.

We’ve been playing a bunch of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, so we’re going to start recording everything to show off all the maps and modes. Below you’ll be see Sam and I playing a game of the new Demolition mode on St Marc.

Demolition’s a slimmed-back version of the classic shooter, in which your weapon changes for the next round if you kill an enemy in the current one. You don’t “buy” anything.

The small map’s one of eight new stages created created specifically for Arsenal, which includes both the Demolition and Arms Race modes. It has a single bomb-placement point in the centre, outside alleyways and central buildings. And a bunch of toxic barrels ripe for terrorising.

Watch and see. You can buy Counter-Strike: Global Offensive now.

1. G1GAHURTZ

No aim assist on 360.

2. Patrick Garratt

Really?

3. G1GAHURTZ

Yep.

No aim assist at all.

4. Patrick Garratt

That’s bizarre.

5. Patrick Garratt

And a ridiculous shame. Because the PC version’s amazing.

6. Erthazus

It’s a CS, not casual Call Of Duty with Aim Assist. If you don’t know how to shoot it’s your only problem.

PC version is amazing because of mouse obviously.

7. Dave Cook

@6 I like Call of Duty, it’s my favourite online game bar none. Also, aim assist means nothing if you aren’t good at the game, I will still kill that person with ease if they’re crap.

@3 Giga dude, is CS worth a punt on Xbox 360? I’m on the fence about checking it out. I’d get PC but all my mates play 360.

8. G1GAHURTZ

It’s decent. There are a lot of things that are negatives on the 360 that don’t apply to the PC version, though.

For example, the sensitivity is very low, even on the highest setting. Because of that, it feels quite sluggish. I’m sure that this is because the lack of auto aim would make the game very difficult for many players on a higher setting, but they could at least give us the option to try for ourselves.

It’s still quite fun though, but tbh from what I’ve seen, I don’t think it can come close to the PC version.

If the PC version is a 9, then the 360 version is maybe a 7.5.

9. DePetri

There is some autoaim on 360-version. Very easy to notice when playing against bots that don’t move.