Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition console release date announced

Monday, 27th August 2012 17:16 GMT By Debabrata Nath

Namco Bandai has announced that Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition will be releasing on October 26 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

The special edition of the game features over 10 hours of additional content which includes new bosses, enemies, equipment, and NPCs. The PC version launched on August 24.

1. KodyxDestroyer

Does this mean that the butthurt Console Players will shut the fuck up now?

2. deathm00n

This will be a DLC or a full game in disc? I’m not fan of digital things

3. Takeshi

Wow, definitely didn’t think console players would have to wait that long.

4. a7md1990

@2, That’s what I used to say too, but not anymore. Discs get scratched, lost, put in, put out. This is exhausting :(, buying digitally means games will be tied with your account forever which is BEAUTIFUL. It’s the future.

5. ToxicCrusader

You should also mention in the article that they are releasing the DLC on the store on the same day – though that might be worth a new post.

OT: Cannot wait for the DLC, looks awesome and will be amazing to go into it for a new experience.

6. loki

After PC port go fuck youself

7. The_Red

Until suddenly that online system you trusted goes down or bankrupt. That’s the thing. Any server, store and “service” can become unusable just like the scratched disc.

8. DSB

@7 But the disc is a pain in the ass even before it gets scratched.

Nothing in life comes without risk.

9. Telepathic.Geometry

Re: DLC, what worries me is whether Sony are going to let us play the PS3 DLC on the PS4. BC is very important to me.

I’m pretty sure that GC BC has been taken out of Wii and Wii U in order to be able to flog it all again, whether you own the original disc or not. Like old PSP games did on the PSP 2.

If the PS4 can’t play all those old PS3 games, I think I’ll just stick with my stockpile of PS3 and Wii games for a good long while. The games I have and the ones on my radar would easily hold me over until 2014 or 2015 in a pinch.

10. Telepathic.Geometry

Oh, and on topic, I may well spring for the DLC on this, if the price is about $10. I platinumed Dark Souls and deleted my save file, so I relish the idea of going back in again and max-minning my glass-cannon ninja-mage. ^-^

11. minxamo

I wonder how much console gamers will have to pay to get what PC gamers got free of charge?

12. M3HDI

go and patch that shit game its not even playable in my point of view
    it feels u using x360 emulator :P

13. freedoms_stain

@11, £29.99 for a 10 month old game with very little in the way of optimisation is hardly “free of charge”

14. scipioground

@1 As I recall, the PC kiddies were the butthurt faggots, such as yourself I presume. Honestly, what a bunch of entitled whinny babies. Fuckers deserve their shit port.

15. scipioground

16. YoungZer0

Here’s what we don’t need: People using the word ‘faggot’.