Walking Dead: Episode 3 release date ‘soon’, two new characters confirmed

Friday, 24th August 2012 12:42 GMT By Dave Cook

The Walking Dead: Episode 3 – Long Road Ahead could get a release date any day now, according to developer Telltale Games. The new episode will also bring two new characters into the mix.

Speaking with IGN, a telltale rep confirmed, “Episode Three: Long Road Ahead is in submission with our first party partners and we are anxiously awaiting a release date to be confirmed. We anticipate that this could be as soon as next week, and as soon as we have a confirmation on all platforms, we’ll be letting everyone know as soon as it happens.”

The new characters are called Christa and Omid, and you can see them in IGN’s full Walking Dead video interview with Telltale Games here.

1. OnionPowder

This wait has been killing me! PC Users – get this for 40% off on Gamestops PC download. If you don’t have it I seriously recommend it. The 4 hours I spent playing episode 1 and 2 have been stuck in my mind for over a month now. It stands as one of the best adventure game experiences of my life.

2. AHA-Lambda

About time, I’ve been wondering what’s took so long =/

3. Phoenixblight

The last one came out just a month ago and the next episode comes a month later. It didn’t take any longer. The second episode took the longest to release.

4. AHA-Lambda

Episode 2 came out 2 months ago, they’ve both took as long to release as each other.

5. DSB

I managed to grab it during the Steam sale, and it is really good.

It’s definitely a “lite” adventure game, more interactive story, and less game, but I think it’s more than charming enough to make up for it.

I can’t believe Telltale made that, to be honest.

6. Phoenixblight

I thought it came out in July not June. Anyways if episodes have been coming out every two months then its business as usual.

7. AHA-Lambda

Yeah I just thought it had been pretty quiet on the news front for this game, was wondering when they would talk about it again. Then just, poof, it comes out of nowhere saying it might be out as early as next week.

8. Phoenixblight

The last time they announced the second episode a day before release.