Plants Vs Zombies 2 release date revealed

Monday, 20th August 2012 14:22 GMT By Dave Cook

Plants Vs Zombies 2 has been revealed by PopCap, and is heading your way in 2013.

PopCap has dates Plants vs Zombies 2 for release in northern spring 2013, but no formats have been revealed.

The accompanying press release included comments from an “unidentified spokesperson”.

“Spring is crullest curlie ungood time, and plantz grow dull roots. So, we are meating you for brainz at yore house. No worry to skedule schedlue plan… we’re freee anytime. We’ll find you,” it said.

Sonny F. Lower, a “representative of the Flora Forever Foundation”, added:

“There was a time we relished a bracing, hearty blend of zombies, in the morning. But first, a brisk shower and some strategic pruning are required. Tomorrow is near!”

The announcement comes just hours after rumours of imminent lay-offs at developer PopCap.

1. ManuOtaku

In which platforms?

2. Gadzooks!

Oh get down. Get right on down. PvZ is a total classic and I can not wait to see how they follow it up.

3. TheBlackHole

“Oh get down. Get right on down”

This.

Best game news I’ve heard all year.

4. OlderGamer

Yep, outstanding game. Looking forward to see what happens next.

5. Man_s

Great news indeed. Really curious how they will evolve an already fantastic formula.

6. Sini

half of original game had padding written all over it, there is no need for a sequel.

7. Anders

Most people will call me crazy, but PvZ is one of few PopCap games I don’t care for.

I would love a new Peggle though. PopCap? Pretty please?

8. TheWulf

Hooray! I’m a big fan of Plants vs. Zombies, so I’m definitely looking forward to a sequel. I hope they manage to keep it feeling fresh with new mechanics, without ruining what it is at its core.

9. wishdokta

Very happy to read this. Me had tons of fun with PvZ on various platforms.