Thu, Aug 16, 2012 | 05:42 BST
Remember Me snapped up after Sony dropped project
Remember Me was snaffled by Capcom after Sony axed it along with a handful of other projects.
French developer Dontnod debuted the game at last year’s gamescom under the title Adrift, a PlayStation 3 exclusive, but Dontnod co-founder Oskar Guilbert said Sony axed it.
“They stopped a number of games last year at Sony and we took back the IP rights and were able to continue to develop it thanks to the support of the investors. We were then able to sign the game to a publisher who’s portfolio is a better fit for the game,” he told GamesIndustry.
The publisher is Capcom, but Guilbert said what the team is showing this year is not quite the same as what Sony had planned for the game.
“This project is not exactly the same, it is an evolution. The concept of what we had with Sony was different,” he said.
“Sony wanted to focus on a different type of game and we don’t really fit with that. But we’re in a very good relationship with them.”
Go now and gaze again upon Remember Me’s gorgeous trailer. It’s expected in May 2013 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.