Mists of Pandaria opening cinematic released by Blizzard

Thursday, 16th August 2012 14:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Blizzard has released the opening cinematic for the World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria. Watch it below, and have a look at the screenshots for the MMO released earlier today through here. Mists of Pandaria will release on September 25.

1. _LarZen_

To bad the game looks not even close to that, not even in the same neighborhood, the same block, the same city, the same country the same fucking planet.

Awesome cinematic tho, just to bad the game is looking like it is.

2. Kabby

The game needs updated player models, this is true.

3. Erthazus

Player models are upgraded.

4. Phoenixblight

No they are not all the vanilla races are the same polycount as they were at launch only the Cata and Mists race models are the most updated.

Blizzard said they plan on updating the models at some point but its not anytime soon.

5. Da Man

They aren’t updated at all. Shitty Blizzard tried, but… so far no success.

Blizzard and it’s games are too casual to upgrade anything.

6. DSB

I kept expecting “Welcome to the Jungle” to kick in.

7. viralshag

Well that’s an awesome trailer. I wish the WoW movie in the works was being done completely by their CG team.

Anyway, like I said, awesome trailer. Probably enough to make me bite and re-sub to try it all out.

Yep, I’m weak. Oh well.

8. DarkElfa

@7, you ain’t never lied man. They should be doing films real, REAL bad.

9. KillerDD

So according to this all Pandaren monks are OP? :P

10. TheWulf

It’s mildly pathetic that they have to rely on these after all this time. With their resources they could easily have retrofitted their game to look as good as their cinematics.

Sad part? Guild Wars 2 looks as good as their cinematics (I’m not even kidding, compare and contrast the backgrounds of this with the trailers of GW2), and that’s all in-game stuff. In fact, every trailer ArenaNet has done has been rendered in the selfsame engine, so the trailers look exactly like the game. And there is no opening cinematic. The game itself looks good.

But hey, Blizzard know they can milk their gullible little cash cows, they found that was still true and valid with Diablo III. So why bother updating the graphics much? Put a few interns on it to add in a few new shaders and that’s enough to satisfy their fans.

I’m not so easily satisfied, myself.

I like feeling like, you know, the developer respects me as a consumer.

11. Hcw87

Why would they update the graphics of a 7 year old game? The reason it’s so popular is because EVERY single computer today can run it. Why would they shoot themselves in the foot by making the game run worse for people on sub-par systems? Why waste resources on this game when they’re working on their next MMO? Makes zero sense at all.

Also, people don’t ever play MMO’s for their graphics.