Castle Crashers coming to PC

Thursday, 16th August 2012 07:11 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Castle Crashers is headed to PC at last, Kotaku reports, and we’ll have to take its word for it since The Behemoth’s own website has fallen down crying in a puddle of emo somewhere. The Newgrounds-grown favourite has proved a hit on both the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade and will presumably be just as smashing when it hits Steam on some unknown date, equipped with local and online multiplayer and integrated voice chat.

1. HauntaVirus

YES. And YES!

2. Da Man

Now PC users can experience this mediocrity.

3. mad1723

OHYES

@2 if you dont like it, don’t play it. But I love this game, now some of my friends will finally be able to enjoy with me on PC! Great news, it just means more people to play the game :D

4. Erthazus

Halo fanbots can fuck off.

this game is fantastic.

5. deadstoned

All I can say about this is… about time dammit! lol. Really looking forward to this game, been quite jealous of the consoles for this one xD .

6. ManuOtaku

Erthazus complimenting and/or given praise a game that is not a graphics marvel with 60 FPS, 1080p, and all that edgy stuff, man iam starting to believe the 12/21/2012 will become true after all, i will start praying.

As for the topic at hand nice to hear this game is also available to more players, that is always a good thing, now if Grim Fandango will also do the jump to consoles, in return for this event, i will be happy.

7. Da Man

Ertharage being in massive denial, unable to convey his point or debate anything all the time, rage burning inside him, lurking on his computer all day waiting for someone to attack.

Top satire.

Ertharage calling someone ‘fanboys’. Top satire x2.

That’s what happens when you don’t treat shizophrenia properly.

Like I said, this game is shit.

8. Gadzooks!

#6

He doesnt like the game. He just wants an argument with DM.

Erthazus isnt a gamer at all, he’s just a clueless tech collector.

9. revolting

Regardless of who said what about why someone bitched about something else to someone who might have said something about something else and kicked up some kind of vendetta about something or someone or nothing or everything…

Castle Crashers is an excellent game. Easily one of my favorite xbox titles, right up there with the big budget retail releases. Not sure about how well it will take off on PC, but I myself will definitely pick it up again, looking forward to giving it another run through already.

10. LuLshuck

I agree with DaMan this game is shit, nothing special at all

11. Ireland Michael

@7 Nobody cares.

12. TheWulf

It’s … not bad.

It’s actually great if you can get multiple people playing it, but on an objective level, without online multiplayer this would positively bomb. Why? It has better competition, which the consoles don’t have.

I don’t know whether you’ve ever played the Dungeons & Dragons arcade games, but in regards to mechanics and sheer fun gameplay, they’re just leagues and leagues ahead of Castle Crashers. I’m not even joking. But I don’t expect you to believe me unless you’ve played them. I mean, why should you?

The most fun of Castle Crashers is with multiple people laughing at the humorous shenanigans, because the game actually is quite visually amusing. But you only really appreciate it when you have a friend to derp it up with, because otherwise it’s not really funny enough on its own to merit a good laugh.

It has the Deathspank problem in that regard.

It’s good, but there are better options on the PC for free. So without online multiplayer, I don’t think this would have done so well. But, in their infinite wisdom, they actually added it. And online multiplayer isn’t something that old arcade games via emulators do particularly well.

That coupled with the humour is a win.

Without online multiplayer I doubt I could have recommended this, but with it? I can. I definitely can. Go for it!

And yes, you know, you can be objective about a game without endlessly praising it or shitting on it. That’s a thing you can do. That is a thing I just did.