Borderlands 2 bundled with GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Thursday, 16th August 2012 20:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Borderlands 2 will be bundled with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti in the US and Europe via a free download code which goes live the day the game releases. So, if you are in the market for a Kepler card and want Borderlands 2, the bundle will run you around $300 depending on the retailer. Borderlands 2 releases on September 18 in the US and September 21 in Europe. Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Sini

amd = finished. Physx in this game going to be awesome.

2. TMRNetShark

LOL @1

Too bad an ATI card still hold the best cost/power performance.

Top 7 cards are all ATI cards.

3. DSB

Until ATI can back up performance with service and ease of use, they’re still gonna be fucked though.

I bought an ATI way back when because of data like that, but based on the experience of actually using the card, dealing with the lack of support for several games, and having to install drivers through the most idiotic system I’ve ever come across, I’m not ever going to use an ATI card again.

If I’m going to lay down something like 300 bucks for a card, it needs to work 100% of the time.

4. Se_7_eN

@2 – You my friend are sadly mistaken… ATI can not hold a candle to the 680 and 690 especially with a game that utilizes PhysX.

And that link that you included in your comment doesn’t even include benchmarks of the 660, nor the 680 and 690… < And both of those fucking dominate any benchmarks ATI can throw up.

Here is an actual link if you need the proof… http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-680-review-benchmark,3161.html

But for the TL;DR version – "GeForce GTX 680 is now the fastest single-GPU graphics card"

5. OlderGamer

DSB +1000

I had the same type of experience. I couldn’t even update drivers myself, I had to have my wife do it for me. And after dealing with them we swore off their products.

6. Stephany Nunneley

@3 “having to install drivers through the most idiotic system I’ve ever come across, I’m not ever going to use an ATI card again.”

THIS.

7. Maximum Payne

Not sure why everybody hate ATI
    Problem with installing drivers ?! Its bloody same just like in Nvidia!
    I have ati 5770 not a single problem ,bug ,glitch and tons of games tested.
    Ati 7970 ghz edition is faster then 680gtx.
    Oh and btw how much BURNED chips was in 8000 series ? and Fermi ?
    Nvidia maybe is faster in general , but it was always more expensive and required more power.

8. Se_7_eN

@ 7 – 680 2gig beat the 7970 3gig in all benchmarks across the board, and the 600 series requires far less power than the 500 series. You should read the link I provided above ;)

9. Maximum Payne

@8 Not in ALL benchmarks.Yea 600 series maybe its better then ati 7000 series but they lost lot of ”battles” until they come to be better in both power and TDP.
    Ati won in 4000,5000 and 6000 series when comes to bang for the buck…

10. TMRNetShark

My ATI card works beautifully… I have an ATI 6850 and it’s been blazingly fast for all the games I play. But go ahead and pay for the superior products at the higher costs… cause honestly… For the price you pay for 2 $300 cards (over the course of 3-4 years)… I can buy 3 $200 cards over the course of 4-5 years.

That’s why I said price to performance… not purely performance. And the ATI 7000′s released before the Nvidia 600 series. They will constantly leap over each other.

Anyways, continue paying more for the same performance (or 10%-20% more performance to sploog all over ;))

11. DSB

That’s so convincing!

Not.

12. Kabby

The reason they’re bundling Borderlands is because it has some of those infamous ‘Physx features!’

Sadly enabling Physx usually tanks your frame rate. In many cases it would be faster to run all the particle shizz on your mostly idle CPU.

13. Se_7_eN

Here is a beautiful comparison video.

14. Phoenixblight

Sold. Oh wait I have a 560ti =-P

15. OlderGamer

God, I am so “off the shelf” compared to some of you folks. I don’t even have a dedicated video card in my brand new PC. I plan to get one as soon as I can. I got a second PC(around 500usd), to be able to play DiabloIII, Civ V, and l4d with my wife. My new one out of the box runs most of what I throw at it on medium to high.

The funny part is when I do get a card(it wont be an ATI), I will prolly buy it off of the shelf at Best Buy lol. And I prolly will spend less then 80usd. Pretty much the exact same thing I did last time around. I have about 600usd in my wifes PC and it is now about 4 or 5 years old.

16. DSB

That’s just nuts OG. Your PC gaming license is hereby suspended :P

Really, if you want a good deal, check out IBuyPower. I bought my American rig there, crazy good deals compared to anywhere else.

Also had to get some RAM replaced, and they have American supporters who actually know what they’re doing. Amazing in this day and age.

17. HauntaVirus

That’s awesome, Best physics I’ve seen so far!

18. Christopher Jack

Why do people continue to call them ATI? AMD killed that brand name two years ago. AMD is for those that care about the bottom line: the best performance for money. Nvidia is for those that care much more about driver support, something that AMD has always been known as a mixed bag for.

19. Kabby

OG: “I don’t even have a dedicated video card in my brand new PC.”

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

20. OlderGamer

I know, but the thing is the intregrated one that is comes with really flys. I am running just about everything on medium to high settings. With very smooth frames.

Money is tight. Buying hardware is tuff. I will be getting a nice(to me) card this winter. But we have school shoping, tax bills, and normal day to day stuff. I was lucky to be able to swing the PC at all. Honestly it is pretty nice. I did it so I could play multiplayer with my wife, DiabloIII, WoW, L4D, etc.

But that is why when I get labeled a PC elitest, it couldn’t be further from the truth. I don’t play PC games to see uber resolutions or 500frames a second lol, I play PC because of the great line up of games. On my older PC I have been playing games sub ps360 quality in many cases.

But yeah I need to put a decent card in here eventualy.