Halo 4′s War Games Map Pass will cost you $25

Wednesday, 15th August 2012 19:22 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Halo 4′s season pass, which 343 Industries has dubbed the War Games Map Pass, will run you $24.99 when it releases alongside the game. Announced as part of the Limited Edition, the pass grants access to three DLC pack -each with a map – and it will cost you 15% less than if you purchased the DLC individually. Two exclusive helmets and a Falcon emblem are part ofthe package. Halo 4 is out November 6 on Xbox 360. Thanks, Shack.

1. Ge0force

“the pass grants access to three DLC pack -each with a map”

A map? I hope more than one map for that price? :s

2. OlderGamer

So Halo 4 costs 85usd then?

3. ManuOtaku

OG for me it will cost 60$, well in reality is 250$ due to my country currency convertion, but you get my point i wont buy the DLC, i might wait to the weekly sale offer on XBLA in the best case scenario here, i dont buy DLC that much especially maps for FPS.

4. Da Man

All Halo map packs were amazing and worth every penny.

An Old Hypocrite trolling a videogame he doesn’t care about, again.

5. OlderGamer

I used to wait till Bungie put the old ones(map packs) out for free before I got them. Once the new ones were ready, the old ones were free. Sadly that didn’t last long tho.

I am with you again Manu, very few games I buy DLC for anymore.

6. ManuOtaku

#4 Da Man please dont turn out to be the new Kerplunk, i think you are better than that

P.S and in my particular case, is not about being worht it or not, because if you like the game chances are you will love it and think is worth it no matter the asked price, but i want to make an statement with my wallet, right now we reach a point in which DLC comes on monthly basis and the year after the game came we get the next iteration, so we now have monthlyzations (for the lack of better term), therefore we are doing more harm than good buying all the DLC, and this is not talking about halo, but if they see this works for other games, chances are they are going to implement this on halo and every other FPS, therefore i will make my stand and my vote, also keep in mind some DLC should be on the game at release or give a few of thme free, and the later ones charge a reasonable price for them, not that high prices we are having right now, they are getting higher, why they canĀ“t be like CD project?.

7. Da Man

I am better than that. Just saying, and that happened to one dlc pack.

8. ManuOtaku

Da Man i meant in the man hunting thing, is turning like that.

9. Da Man

I’m not hunting him. I’m just saying cause he constantly trolls Halo.

Old man isn’t that bad.

10. OlderGamer

For a lot of games you can wait for the game of the year edition and it will often included the DLC. That is what I do for SP focused games. But for games with a heavy MP focus I always feel torn, if I don’t get the dlc I can’t keep up with people on my friendlist. And over all that can segment the comunity.

What I have started doing the past few months is waiting for the games to go on sale on Steam and then snatching them up. When a game goes on sale for 75% off(like Dead Space and Dead space 2 just did) the DLC is usualy also on sale for the same % off. Makes my gaming budget go a lot farther.

11. OlderGamer

DM, I have beaten Halo, Halo2, and Halo 3. I own those and ODST, Reach, and aniversry. I don’t enjoy the past few releases half as much as I did the first few. You should be able to verify that by looking at my GT. But also keep in mind that I have 4 xb360s (currently all gold LIVE) in my home. At this point I don’t recall if I have beaten them on my main system/profile or not(My wife plays too).

I don’t love Halo, but me and Master Chief have killed a few baddies over the years.

12. Da Man

Sp is irrelevant. It doesn’t take half as much skill or effort. You go on about the multiplayer, which you never really liked, obv.

… lol.

But anyway.

13. ManuOtaku

Da man, Now you have done it prepare to fight… no kidding man, but the singleplayer in halo games is were it is the fun IMHO, and were the most amazing moments are, man you cannot believe how much impact the singleplayer portion of halo combat evolved had on me back in the day, i do no play PC Games or didnt play for that matter, therefore you should imagine how much of impact did had on me, being a great SCI-FI shooter with a great story, great AI, and solid gameplay, but having said that the other games not that much, reach comes close though.

14. OlderGamer

Co-op is the best part of Halo for me, DM. Campaign with someone sitting right next to you is a lot of fun. Not everyone wants the same experiences in a video game. I like a bit of omp once in awhile. As you know I have played Halo2 and Halo3 online. Couldn’t get into Reach, but was prolly because I was playing a BF game online at the time.

And I don’t troll for any one game. Or even anyone kind of game.

Know what my new fav game is right now that I am playing? Well two of them, DiabloIII and Left4Dead. Both on PC, but I have a small group of family and friends that I play prolly four or five nights a week with. I just need to figure out a way to get better at L4D, my wife out guns me each and every damn time lol.

15. TheOutcastWolf

So Bungie is playing Capcom and Activision with thier sticks now? Hardly will make any impact, whenever a Halo game comes, thousands fall off their chairs… A DLC has the same impact over a daily gamer…

16. xxJPRACERxx

$25 for 3 maps!?!

17. absolutezero

The multiplayer in Halo was terrible apart from the made up stupid game modes like Griff.

I thought you were a Da Man of more refined tastes.

18. owallen

Each DLC will have 3 maps. There will be 9 in total. You also get early access to specilasations

19. zinc

Sounds ok to me. Especially as the dlc will include single player & co-op content.

20. SaintSpidey67Re

I’m sorry, this article is so riddled with inaccuracies, I had to register an account JUST to set the record straight:

There will be 3 future map packs. Each will feature 3 maps. 9 in total.

The Limited Edition of Halo 4 will NOT include the $25 map pass, but rather, the ACTUAL map packs. Meaning: It will include the 9 later-released-to-the-public maps to YOU right now, and at no extra charge.