Team Fortress 2 Mann vs Machine adds co-op mode

Tuesday, 14th August 2012 01:31 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Team Fortress 2′s red and blue factions can finally team up – to take on a robot menace.

Valvae has confirmed the long-expected Mann vs Machine update, which fans uncovered from an elaborate AR Game stretching back almost two years.

The update goes live on August 15 and allows teams of five players to take on robot versions of the shooter’s famous classes, in a horde-like series of waves.

Between waves, players will upgrade abilities and weapons, and score loot for successfully completing bouts.

Valve will reveal further details during the week, but in the meantime, check out the video below; preview a new map; and learn about our metallic foes.

1. Giskard

Valve really do know how to make anything and everything they do into a major (minor) event.

They’re adding CoOp, which many games have had before, and still, I’m exited.

2. DSB

And then consider the fact that it’s a five year old game.

Putting a bit of time and care into what you do isn’t the worst way to make a fortune.

3. Ireland Michael

@2 Even crazier considering the game is free.

4. roadkill

So! Awesome!! :)

5. freedoms_stain

Nice, I suck at TF2 to put it mildly, but I’d give this a shot.

6. Sadismek

Really great news! As an avid TF2 player, I can’t wait to try this out :P

7. TheWulf

Well, this is nice. To be honest I was wondering when and if TF2 would ever get a horde-mode, since not everyone likes PvP. I often find that horde-mode creates more friendly communities. I frequently like the people in Mass Effect 3, but not so much PvP games.

That said, TF2 does have nicer players in general, but I’m just still not a fan. And I don’t really ever feel good about losing or winning, so I guess I don’t have the right mindset for it. Yet I do love the TF2 classes and characters.

So… for me? This is perfect. I’m quite looking forward to trying this.

(And I have to say – I’ve enjoyed watching the Mann vs Machine ARG up to this point. I really love how Valve advertises things.)