Black Ops Declassified: Nuketown will return

Tuesday, 14th August 2012 19:12 GMT By Dave Cook

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified will see Black Ops map Nuketown return in multiplayer.

Sony showed a brief trailer for the game at the end of its gamescom conference, revealing that the game will have all new maps, 4v4 multiplayer on Wi-Fi and a covert single player campaign.

1. Fin

It didn’t look great :(

2. Erthazus

LOL. iOS Games look better.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y8nS7KFOrw&feature=player_embedded – fact.

Oh my god… Well, it’s Call Of Duty, it should look like a piece of shit game.

but with Vita’s hardware this piece of shit should run with solid 40 or whatever fps that is good for the handheld device anyway.

3. KrazyKraut

Its developed by Nihilistic Software… (Resistance: BS)

4. Erthazus

Nihilistic?

Oh my god lol… Sony bought the biggest FPS brand for the portable device and gave it to the worst handheld developer.

Well anyway, it’s going to have shitty reviews and that’s fine. How it should be.

5. KrazyKraut

Yes….no wonder they hid it from the public so long. I was shocked when I read it at the PS Blog. CoD Blops 2 is the first game of the series since CoD4 I want to own. And I had high hopes about this one…maybe its not to late.

6. loveaya

I wonder how many COD fans would buy this? Based on the sale of PSV, this COD’s sell number will be less than 1 million maybe half a million? lol

7. Gekidami

Fuck me, those visuals are sickenly bad. Its like the textures havent loaded. The funny thing is that the Killzone Mercs footage looks even better than Blops 2 to some extent, but they couldnt make this look as good as their dated console game? Sloppy, lazy work is sloppy, also lazy.

8. Ireland Michael

@7 What did you expect?

1) It’s on the Vita, a relatively low spec device.

2) It’s Activision. Stingy budgets and a lack of effort are their forte.

Why is anyone surprised by this? Seriously.

9. Erthazus

“1) It’s on the Vita, a relatively low spec device.”

Not True At All.

Playstation Vita hardware is enough to make a better looking game by a thousand miles.
    for your information Ps Vita have more Ram then PS3 by a half.

It’s processor more powerfull than third gen iPad.

10. Ireland Michael

@9 Sure, when you have a developer with some technical know-how and a publisher who actually cares about quality and effort.

Hence Point #2.

11. Dave Cook

I have to say I adore Call of Duty, absolutely love it and I’m not afraid to say that. But even I thought Declassified’s visuals looked ropey.

An Nihlistic. Well, I reviewed Resistance Vita when it launched and gave it 4/10. Horrible game.

12. lexph3re

But.. But… Graphics don’t make a game it’s about the gameplay remember? -_-

13. absolutezero

It looks like CoD on the Wii.

Which was CoD with slightly less high res textures. Nothing about the actual game changed at all. I mean Call of Duty players have been playing the same game for around 5+ years in terms of visuals with next to no complaints.

Now its on a handheld, oh dear, oh no this simply will not do at all.

I don’t mind it looking like shit on my 42″ LCD but as soon as I see this shit on a tiny screen in my hands I think I might have to cut someone.

14. DSB

I think MW2 is probably the game I’ve spent the most time with over the last 20 years, except maybe Planetside, but I do think CoD is entering some kind of downward spiral.

With MW3 they suddenly got the idea that they had to listen to every whiner on the internet, in order to decide where to take the series, and beyond the Activision fuck-up, I think that contributed a lot towards making MW3 the least enjoyable one yet.

I had the same problem with Black Ops. I loved the setting, but Treyarch seemed like they were out to pander, so you ended up with a ridiculously poor server browser on the PC, and they really weren’t as good at designing the tight maps.

That’s what happens when you design your games according to focus groups. You may be pleasing that focus group, but you’re not moving anything forward, and there’s no guarantee that that focus group actually speaks for everyone. West and Zampella were obviously the balls of the operation.

15. OlderGamer

It just looks like a CoD game to me. I don’t see the trouble. If your a Vita owning CoD fan, your prolly gonna be lest a bit interested.

16. DrDamn

Well that’s part of the problem. They had an opportunity to really think about how a CoD game can fit on a handheld. Nothing there or in the info really tells me they’ve done that. It can look ropey, but if they’ve put some well considered gameplay and structure in there then it could still be well worth playing. This looked like a cut down CoD. CoD lite. It could be a lot more.

The Killzone footage, whilst brief and lacking concrete info, looked visually a lot better and the scoring stuff in the proper footage could indicate they’ve done something a bit different and focused on a handheld experience.

17. Erthazus

I watched the trailer again and i saw Zero work at all.

They basically ripped off Black Ops 1 models and textures. Sony probably asked alpha build of Black Ops 1, gave it to the Nihilistic software and they just ripped off the game in few months, maybe even in weeks.

Also, there is no grass. PS1 lives today in 2012. PS vita Hardware is so sad.

18. OlderGamer

Doc, I don’t think any game with the name CoD is going to mix things up too much.

19. HeavyD-Love

Blah. Killzone Vita looks better than this.

20. Timurse

@17 What’s so sad about it? I mean a few moments before the COD:BOD showcase there was a Killzone Mercinaries showcase. And it looked 300 miles above the COD. I mean really. Vita is capable of magnificent graphics like in Uncharted Golden Abyss, Unit13, Wipeout, Gravity Rush, etc. And that’s so sad some developers just can’t maintain even iOS-quality graphics.

21. KrazyKraut

@Dave Cook
    I wouldnt say that the game was horrible. It was okay and an interesting test, to see how a FPS feels on a handheld. But it had not the Resistance Quality. Thats the main problem. R1 was nice, R2 had it flaws but a nice evolution and r3 had a childish ending, but nice to play with awesome atmosphere and so on. And CoD Blops is the best since CoD 4 for me and I think Nihilistic will not reach the same level of quality as Treyarch does. Its not even about graphics, I dont care about them. Its about the feeling, performance (Resistance: BS had its dropping Framerates) and everything else CoD: Blops made great. And I am still not wondering, why we havent heard that NS is behind that.

I think Activision brought in a penalty in the contract, in the case the game is not getting good reviews.