Starhawk update 1.03 going live today, adds two new maps

Friday, 10th August 2012 15:08 GMT By Jeff Dunn

LightBox has announced that Starhawk’s latest update will be going live later today.

As detailed on the PlayStation Blog, the biggest feature of the update is the inclusion of two new maps, Cypress: Collider and Cypress: Origin. Both maps will come free of charge, as the studio has promised in the past.

Other additions include added prestige levels; a new Homeworld game lobby; team-balancing and voice chat fixes; a new push-to-talk option which doesn’t turn players’ mics on automatically; various in-game gear and weapon tune-ups; a change to the Capture the Flag mode’s scoring system; and the ability to play custom music through the XMB, among others. Whew.

The update will officially be available at 8.00pm BST in Europe, and 2pm CST in North America.

The dev also says that they’re already at work on update 1.04, which will “include new gameplay modes, 5 new smaller layouts, even some new Build & Battle load-outs, and a bunch of other stuff too.”

1. OlderGamer

I played the beta, wasn’t blown away. I thought it had potiental tho. Can anyone tell if this is worth looking into again? How has it turned out? Fun?

2. viralshag

It did seem to have a fair bit of hype and I’m not trolling when I say I didn’t realise it was even out! o.O

3. Se_7_eN

I played the beta and LOVED IT! Friends and I also really enjoyed the first Warhawk…. However, I feel like Sony really fucked up on the advertising for this game. It launched under so many peoples radars that even fans of the series had no idea it was even released. I feel bad for LightBox :(

4. lexph3re

I loved the beta too but from what I hear they changed a lot in the final product. The best thing I heard they changed is the progression in multiplayer. Their is more reward in risk in this game. You don’t just go in camp and stay in active in team matches so you can mooch off of the team experience. If you are idle for a set period of time you get auto booted.

The quality of your gear is based on skill points but they don’t come a dime a dozen. You are pretty basic when you first start but the build create play method thrives in the intensity of the game.

My friend just picked it up because it’s 40 new he can’t put it down. I’m going to pick it up soon because I was very impressed with the game. And the final changes seem to have really balanced things out

5. Se_7_eN

@Lex – Yea I just checked the price and saw it was $40 and told some friends… Looks like my friends and I will be having Starhawk LAN nights again soon!

6. viralshag

Hmm, 77% on meta… I might stop off and pick this up on the way home.

7. Se_7_eN

Yep, SOLD!

Just read the blog comments from the comm dev. talking about upcoming updates etc. Sounds like it will be receiving better update treatment than Warhawk did, and i thought that was fair.
    I am going out of town this weekend with the little girlfriend but think I will make this and Guild Wars 2 my debts for the month. PSN = Se_7_eN

8. viralshag

Just picked up a copy :)

Also picked up a pre-owned copy of MW3, so G1GA, if you’re reading this… I’m coming for you :p

9. Se_7_eN

@Viral – I was proud of you, until I read this… “Also picked up a pre-owned copy of MW3″. Now I am neither proud, nor disappointed, just contempt.

10. OrbitMonkey

Yes viral, you should have bought it brand new!! Pre-owned is killing the industry and depriving shareholders of profit!!

For shame.

11. viralshag

@Se7en, haha! Because it was preowned right? If not, you probably don’t want to know I also bought it new on the PS3… Probably full disappointed now ;)

PSN tag is Peacefish, I’ll send you an friend request!

@orbit, see above :p

12. monkeygourmet

I didn’t even know it had come out?! O__o

Never played Warhawk but thought this looked good, terrible advertising for this then?! I thought it was still in Beta stage derp!

13. absolutezero

Played a little of the multi and I mean very little went into the single player, actually had alot of fun because I get to fly about without being constantly hounded by better players than I am.

Got to an almost Tower Defence style level and got so fucking angry at it I gave up. Its sitting on the shelf.

14. polygem

single player wasn´t much more than a tutorial for mp. mp was fun for a while but other than that the game is the perfect example for a mediocore game. not bad not good. play and forget. sad thing is that there indeed is a lot of potential but the whole game feels rushed and unfinished. maybe they can use all this potential for the next game (if there will be one). this game definitley isn´t a must play game. i kind of rushed through it because i found it quite boring tbh. there wasn´t much enjoyment to be found…other than enjoying the greatgameplay idea behind it.