Modern Warfare 3 marathon leads to hospitalisation of teenage boy

Thursday, 9th August 2012 01:01 GMT By Brenna Hillier

According to a CBS report, a 15 year old boy from Columbus has been hospitalised for dehydration following a four day Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 orgy. The teenager apparently collapsed – having already fallen over three times – after a four day gaming session during which he left his room only to visit the toilet and get snacks. He is expected to make a full recovery, but his mum took his Xbox 360 away. Seriously guys: everything in moderation.

Thanks, GamePolitics.

1. drewbles82

Next they will blame the game. Look at the age on the box, look at the age of boy, erm BAN ALL GAMES, they are EVILLLL

2. Colin Gallacher

“four day Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 orgy”

Oh god. OH GOD NO.

3. Ireland Michael

And what exactly were the goddamn fucking idiots guardians doing for those four days? Christ.

4. Giskard

For once, I say let’s ban that pesky game!

Or that could be my dislike for CoD speaking…

5. TMRNetShark

Ugh, I get bored with the game after like… 2 hours… and I play that game a lot.

6. Brenna Hillier

I want to know why it took his mum four days to wonder whether what he was doing was healthy. But there, I’m not a parent, it’s probably harder than it looks.

7. NeoSquall

Darwin 1 – Call of Duty players 0

8. Krono

I was about to say the same @TMRN, I think his collapse is from how awful the game is.

9. SlayerGT

@6 That’s the bigger story here. The parents should be charged with neglect. Wtf is wrong with people?

10. Namdead

Seriously!? He got up to go to the toilet and get snacks but somehow forgot to DRINK WATER!? How stupid can you be, seriously?

11. TMRNetShark

I wonder in those 4 days… if he had every played on Downturn…

(Anybody who still plays MW3 should instantly know what I’m talking about XD)

12. magnumfinger

That boy certainly received his orgy…

13. polygem

if his mum failed to explain to him why drinking water regulary is important and does not realise he´s playing a game which is not for his age 4 days non stop – you probably have to thank COD for showing all that to the youth welfare office now. “call of duty: for a better future”

some parents also don´t know anything about digital media/entertainment and games in general. some don´t care what their kids are doing at all and some doom it all because they are afraid of it. maybe this parents are one or the other type. it sounds to me like the dooming type. now kiddo had the chance somehow to play a videogame secretly rented/ bought a 360 from a pal and a copy of the game- mom wont let him do that normally- he had to play the shit out of the game knowing he might never ever gets a chance again….just my fantasy but i know for sure that there are lots and lots of parents who just don´t let their kids play any games….and that´s just fascism imo. sure they shouldn´t play matre games but in this age if you forbid something, you mostly only make things worse. not that you should allow everything but as a parent you must be open minded, very well informed, clear, caring and so much more….it´s tough. i guess.

14. roadkill

@1 This is just more proof of the CoD audience. The game is not to blame, the idiots who buy it are! :D

@5 “Ugh, I get bored with the game after like… 2 hours… and I play that game a lot.” Why do you play a game that you are bored of!?

@7 LOL!!

@9 I’m not sure about that. It depends. It’s not always the parent’s fault.

@10 Exactly! :D

@13 Really? Do humans need to be explained by other humans why drinking is important? Really!? Is this on what your argument is based?

15. Da Man

Try searching ‘boy kills mother counter strike’, obv CS audience is more hardcore…

16. ArithonUK

Shouldn’t the headline read “Parent Neglects Minor for Four Days” then a sub heading of “…Tries to blame game console in futile bid to escape responsibility..”
    That headline would at least reflect the facts.

If that child had a family that cared and a structured environment, could he have spent four days in a room with a console? No.
    He was neglected. Doesn’t matter what he was doing. Reading Playboy, playing console games, racing snails – it’s secondary; a symptom of a family breakdown. Nobody CARED about what he was doing, as long as they were not disturbed. A case for social services.

17. MidlifeAxe

“The teenager apparently collapsed – having already fallen over three times” And that wasn’t enough to tell you something may be wrong?

18. drewbles82

I know its the school holidays but dude seriously 4days straight. Think the longest I ever played a game for was 9hrs straight, when playing SW Battlefront 2 with two mates.