EU PS Store and Plus update, Aug 8 – King of Fighters XIII, Mass Effect 3 DLC, Dragon’s Dogma, Darksiders 2

Wednesday, 8th August 2012 14:12 GMT By Jeff Dunn

It’s shallow update for the EU PlayStation Store this week, with only small amount of new content on the digital shelves.

Highlights include the digital release of The King of Fighters XIII, which will run you £19.99; a new Firefront Weapons Pack for Mass Effect 3 (£1.59); some additional quests for Dragon’s Dogma; and a Season Pass for next week’s Darksiders 2 (£11.99).

Beyond that, the PSN Summer Sale moves along with the PS1 Classic Metal Gear Solid (£3.99), and the HD update of Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell trilogy (€14.99/£11.99).

If any of that sounds appealing to you, then go ahead and check out the full update for yourself here.

1. a7md1990

You just had to include Darksiders 2 to attract readers didn’t you?, sweet lord, I thought it was a full game.

2. OlderGamer

Why does a game like Darksiders need a season pass?

3. Patrick Garratt

Prepare for the DLC avalanche ;)

4. a7md1990

I’m eager to rape whoever started the idea of DLC.

5. OlderGamer

Spot on. I think I will wait for Steam to knock out a Darksiders2 game of the year edition for a discounted price.

DLC keeps me from buying a lot of games to be honest. I didn’t buy EAs NCAA this year for the first time in years. Last years version ran me 90usd(with dlc). I don’t wanna do that every year.

6. DrDamn

I think there is a decent argument for *some* games to be released as primarily DLC focused. Pubs/Devs complain AAA games are too expensive but why not release a base then expand it each year rather than re-writing it?

Sports games in particular. Release a FIFA then season updates as DLC, feature packs as DLC. Careful design and decent pricing and you could actually make more money as it will cost less to develop.

7. OlderGamer

^^I really agree Doc. I would buy 20usd or 30usd season updates(as digital download) for each of my sports games. But they can take their 90usd yearly releases and stick them where the light don’t shine.