Counter-Strike: Global Offensive pre-orders are now live, and Valve has already detailed the game’s first patch. Get the patch notes below.
- Increased recoil of the AK-47.
- Slightly lowered recoil and increased accuracy of the Famas.
- Increased armor penetration and increased damage of the MP7.
- Increased damage and increased movement speed of the SSG08.
- Decreased accuracy of the Tec-9.
- Increased damage of the UMP45.
- Fixed the “quick switch exploit” that allowed players to bypass slow weapon cycle times by switching weapons.
- Increased the duration of the AWP deploy animation to 1.25 seconds.
- Reduced the strength of the flashbang.
- Berettas no longer shift horizontally when their accuracy changes.
- The SSG08 texture has been updated.
- Added rumble effect to knife.
- Fixed grenades becoming stuck on players or inside them when thrown from within a player volume.
- Changed grenades to bounce more realistically off of players.
- Players should no longer be able to boost off of grenades.
- Reduced the opacity core radius for player standing inside a smoke grenade.
- Adding Mac support
- Update to bot aiming system. Players should see a substantial decrease in the ability of bots to get perfect shots on moving targets, especially at lower difficulty levels. Bots now can react poorly (or well) to enemies that are dodging/strafing, and also must now account for their own movement while shooting.
- Moved the setting of maxplayer from maps to modes in gamemodes.txt.
- Increased Casual money rewards, per Beta feedback.
- The difficulty of the upper tier bots has been increased.
- Updating movement values to community vetted numbers.
The list goes on for ages, but the changes above are the main ones. If you want to see the rest, hit up the Valve’s Counter-Strike update thread here.