‘Timesplitters 4 interest isn’t high enough yet, surprises may come soon’ – Crytek

Tuesday, 7th August 2012 15:01 GMT By Dave Cook

Crytek’s Cevat Yerli has revealed to VG247 that, although the studio is aware that many people want the series to return, it simply isn’t high enough to justify the project yet. But it is high enough to get the developer thinking about it.

Speaking with VG247, Yerli revealed, “I tested through my official blog to see how big the Timesplitters community is, and while the volume of responses was quite high, we feel it’s not high enough yet.”

“That being said, it did indeed trigger a deeper evaluation of what we do with Timesplitters, and I can only say this for now; we might have some surprises coming soon.”

Our full Crytek interview can be found here.

Are you ready for Timesplitters 4? Would you like to see it return? Tell us all about it below.

1. Da Man

Noone is going to tell you anything here, they’re fighting ignorance across the globe and there’re far more important things to discuss and fight for.

People on the internet need to be told on far too many subjects to waste time on Timesplitters.

2. Christopher Jack

Of course I’d like to see a new Time Splitters, who wouldn’t?

3. absolutezero

I totally joined the facebook group when it first showed up.

Seeing what Crytek have produced and the current design philosophy makes me want to un-like it instead.

Im happy with my three great Timesplitters thanks.

4. TheWulf

How do you even measure that? Guesstimates by hopeless marketing departments? There are underserved demographics out there which you could likely milk money up from.

But hey, what do I know? An eccentric, characterful shooter with some character is something obviously people don’t want. Instead, make another shooter with super-marines and aliens, set in an urban jungle, much like the others. Yup, I suppose that’s popular so you keep doing that, CryTek.

Just don’t expect me to respect you for it.

EDIT: Sigh. Facebook? Really? They measure it through Facebook?

This just shows how full of shit marketing is. A nontrivial amount of people absolutely despise Facebook. It’s not the freaking ur site, it’s not the centre of the Internet.

5. shutup