Minesweeper, Majong and Solitaire to be released under Microsoft’s ‘Xbox Windows’ label

Tuesday, 7th August 2012 14:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Windows classics Minesweeper, Majong and Solitaire will be the first titles released under Microsoft’s ‘Xbox Windows’ label. Spotted by Xbox 360 Achievements, the titles will offer 50 Gamerscore points when released on Windows 8 in October. The games will also be offered via the Windows 8 Surface tablet. Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. Erthazus

True PC exclusives!

2. OlderGamer

Are they coming to xbl on xb360? Cause I would buy Majong if it was.

3. absolutezero

“Xbox Windows”

uhrughgbjfkbjgkbhgjbfhkgbjhbhdbjhdfkhbjdbh

4. Old MacDonald

Xbox Windows sounds like exactly what the target audience for these games wants. Not.

Microsoft, why do you do everything wrong?

5. Da Man

Minesweeper is too hardcore to be associated with the Xbox name.

6. DrDamn

I presume it’s just a title matching game using Mahjong titles? There is a really nicely presented game on PSN like that. It was free for EU PS+ gamers a little while ago. Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom. Nice little multiplayer modes too.

7. OwningXylophone

Is Majong the same as Mahjong?

Also, this comes as no surprise as Minesweeper was released as a free ‘Xbox Live’ Game on WP7 with 50gs in. I said way back then that the games included with Windows 8 would feature Gamerscore and it seems I was right.

@6 Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom is available on the GFWL marketplace with 200gs @ 800ms points (I think, I bought it so long ago I forget…), maybe that’ll be bundled into Windows 8, but more likely it will just be the generic MS Mahjong Titans game with added achievements.

8. OlderGamer

Doc yep, I own the PSN Mahjong. I have been a PSN+ member for awhile now, fantastic value for the money spent. Imo.