Changes coming to mining barges and exhumers in EVE Online

Saturday, 4th August 2012 21:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

CCP has announced plans to revamp the mining barges and exhumers in EVE Online this summer. According to a blog post on the matter, players can expect a new mining frigate and the current mining frigates will no longer be mining frigates once the update releases. Other changes include a reduced skill requirements for barges and exhumers. “The goal here is to allow players to choose a barge that fits their specific play style rather than lead them on a journey from the worst barge to the best one,” said CCP. Read the entire thing through the link. Thanks, Massively.

1. Giskard

Every time I read something about Eve, I desperately want to play it. Then I remember how insanely hardcore it is, and that without serious time investment, it’s not worth it.

Oh well…

2. viralshag

@1, I get the exact same feeling. Even my mate just started playing and I reinstalled it but I still just can’t bring myself to actually jump back in.

3. GwynbleiddiuM

Sign up for EVE University, they’ll help you, it still needs time to fill up the application form and interview and there are classes you participate and you’ll take exams, but it is very effective to learn the game and what you wanna do in it.

4. Giskard

@3 It’s not that I don’t understand the game, I do perfectly fine, I just don’t have the will to invest so much time and effort into it.

I played it previously, and was mostly mining for our corp (Had the 2nd best mining barge, at the time). But it was all so punishing and hardcore after that, so I just didn’t want to continue.

5. battery

Yes you are right, it is not a game it is a job, I uninstall after 2 years playing. It is too boring from coping coping act.