Rambo: The Video Game details, screens, video released

Friday, 3rd August 2012 14:03 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Reef Entertainment has revealed further details regarding Teyon’s Rambo: The Video Game, for PC and consoles, and has sent along screens and a video.

The game will be a “fixed-perspective, first-person shooter and action game,” allowing players take on the role of John Rambo as he journeys through various scenes from the first three movies: First Blood, Rambo: First Blood Part II, and Rambo III.

Gameplay will be comprised of shoot-outs, stealth killings, demolition, knife-play,destructible terrains, cover-based shooting, rag-doll physics and more Rambo stuff.

“I could have killed ‘em all, I could kill you. In town you’re the law, out here it’s me. Don’t push it. Don’t push it or I’ll give you a war you won’t believe.” – John Rambo, First Blood.

Great film.

Check out the trailer and shots below, and if you’re at gamescom later this month, the game will be shown during the event.

1. Edo

Those screenshots look decent I guess…I just don’t think that it’s a good thing that they have put it in first person perspective.

2. YoungZer0

First Person eh? How boring.

3. Maximum Payne

This type of game would benefit from little bit bigger level then usual fps.
    I am not asking for Crysis big levels but some kind of freedom.

4. Stephany Nunneley

The video is no longer borked to Hell and back. Dunno what happened, but it’s fixed.

5. DSB

Man, I can’t believe they’re including Rambo 3.

That has to be the most awkard post 9-11 movie there is.

Rambo launching into those long tirades about how honorable these guys are, and how important it is we give them lots of weapons to fight Ivan.

I’m pretty sure that was a mistake. Rambo, your foreign policy has failed :P

6. vormison

I am sure this will be fantastic :/

7. viralshag

Can I rip throats out with my bare hands?

8. Moonwalker1982

This should be in third person :(

9. Edo

It seems that they will have “mini-cut scenes within the levels,to make sure Rambo gets good screen time”.

10. majicship

Ah First Blood was written by David Morell, a fine action chase thriller writer. I’d love to know if he was involved with the script.