Guild Wars 2 stress test brings changes to Engineer class

Friday, 3rd August 2012 15:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

During yesterday’s Guild Wars 2 stress test, changes to the Engineer were implemented, providing the character with a new set Turret abilities. Each one provides a “quick fire” ability for when your turret isn’t up. Rocket Turret, for example, is an AoE which fires off a Rocket that explodes on impact, while the Rifle Turret shoots a bullet from the toolbelt. There’s more, of course, and it’s all posted over on GW Guru. Thanks, PCgamesN. Games’ out August 28.

1. OlderGamer

Is this game going to be on Steam? I haven’t seen it for sale yet. I know I have seen it on gamestop, but sure as hell not buying it from them.

2. heyvc

buy it from arenanet if you want to buy digital…

3. GrimRita

Digital is only on the GW2 website but Amazon and a few other sites had some decent half price deals but be quick!

4. Strawb

It’ll probably arrive on Steam at some point, considering the first one + expansions are there.

5. viralshag

I wouldn’t recommend buying from their own store to be honest. Service is fine enough but the price is high.

If you’re willing to miss the early access and bonuses, give it a few days or so after launch and you’ll probably see it priced competitively at a few places. For digital that is.

6. OlderGamer

I know it prolly comes across as elitest or fanboy or something. But if it ain’t on Steam…I am gun shy. Put your damn game on Steam and I will buy it right away. I do not want to contribute to having a PC where I need 35 different store fronts for my games. I just want Steam.

Hoping this pops up on Steam soon.

7. NeoSquall

@6 There’s no external storefront for GW2, unless NCSoft decides otherwise.

Anyways, IF and WHEN you’ll want to purchase gems with real money, there’s an ingame storefront.

8. GrimRita

@6 – Neo is right. Theres no software to install for ncsoft. Its just like buying a game direct from Steam. You select game, checkout, entire card details – download.

Had it been otherwise, then I probably wouldnt have made the purchase either. But dont miss out OG – especially if you like some PvP. WvW action – its just SO much fun.

9. Kalain

@OG

Its £50 from Arena themselves but Green Man Gaming have got it for cheap:

I wish I waited and bought it for this price instead of £50, as I feel like the game wasn’t worth that much.

10. TheWulf

Guild Wars 1 is on Steam, so that shows they have some sort of partnership with Valve. I’d be surprised if 2 didn’t.

In regards to the article… this makes me very happy. I play a charr engineer as my main (of course), and they just keep getting more and more bizarre and crazy. They’re the anti-thesis of the standard MMORPG profession and it pleases me tremendously.

11. Phoenixblight

Arenanet already said no GW2 will not be on Steam because valve changed their business practices.

12. OlderGamer

Great info thnx guys. I guess I can handle that, esp for a game looking as good as GW2 does.