Borderlands 2: Pitchford answers VG247 reader Qs

Friday, 3rd August 2012 15:16 GMT By Dave Cook

Borderlands 2 is out next month, so we gave VG247 readers the chance to ask Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford anything they wanted. Randy has answered your questions on camera. See what he had to say in our video.

Borderlands 2 is out in the UK September 21 on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

1. Gheritt White

If, after 15 mins, I find that you didn’t ask my question about Wub-Wub, I am NEVER coming back to this site EVER AGAIN.

2. DSB

My question broke the interview, still got it! :D

Also, sup Randy?! *waves*

3. Gheritt White

OMG THIS IS THE BEST INTERVIEW EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Sam Clay

@1 :D

5. Stephany Nunneley

I love Randy. He’s awesome.

6. Edo

Yay,my question about respawning was answered…sort of…it’s the same like in the first game…sigh.

7. viralshag

Awesome interview.

8. OlderGamer

Never saw this guy before, loved the interview. Fantastic. Never even played Borderlands, might go pick that up now.

9. OrbitMonkey

Randy has some nice hair… And yeah I’m getting this fo sure!!

10. Gheritt White

Randy, if you’re reading this, do you like dubstep? I LOVE dubstep. Did you know that the Borderlands 2 trailer has had a permanent impact on the dubstep-loving community? Cos it has! I was at a rave the other week where they played Doomsday by Nero and they threw up that clip of Claptrap on the screen at the appropriate moment.

TRES TRES COOL!

11. ManuOtaku

#9 I do really recomend it OG, the loot system kept me playing for a long time, i was always seeking better and different weapons, is like the Forrest Gump saying, while eating the chocalates scene, you never know what you will get next, that was the feeling i got, the shooting is good, the graphics well if you like cell shaded you will love them, i do, the missions can get a bit repetitive but i didnt mind for the looting and shooting, great game and i cannot wait for the second, it looks even greater.
    p.s i didnt play it co-op so i cannot comment, although for many people was the best part.

12. absolutezero

Smootch for you Randy.

13. Giskard

Randy’s awesome.

14. freedoms_stain

lol, that was hilarious Pitchford is all “oh, you came to interview me? How about I just interview myself, HaHa!”

15. viralshag

@OG, I would highly recommend it too. I actually can’t believe you haven’t played this before considering it’s a very fun co-op game and all.

16. DSB

I’m always up for some Borderlands co-op on the PC.

Not sure I’d recommend it as a singleplayer thing though, and getting randoms from the interwebs is often more pain than it’s worth.

17. OlderGamer

Pretty sure one of my kids owns this for xb360. Might have to dust that off and give it a go. If I like it, I will prolly grab the second one on Steam. Really no excuse not to try this game, the more I read the more I think i would enjoy it. Guess I thought it was just another shooter.

18. ManuOtaku

#16 DSB I do have it for the 360, and i didnt find anything bad or broken on the singleplayer portion, and i did like it a lot, i grant that in some instances i did thought the need of another player was a must, but i did tried an use different approachs, almost like dirty tactis if you will, in order to advance, but not biggy, although i grant this was to be fenomenal with co-op, bad i got the game way too late, all my friends were done with the game, and when i got it, i didnt find anyone to play it with T_T

19. freedoms_stain

The thing about co-op in the 1st game is that characters of different levels couldn’t really play together.

All the enemies scale to the host character’s level, so higher level characters are pretty much invulnerable and OHK everything with their shittiest peashooter whereas lower level players might be hitting for 0 damage on average with 1 damage for a critical.

Hopefully that’s sorted in 2, it should play like Gears of War 2 does in co-op when players join at different difficulty levels.

20. DSB

The co-op was handicapped in a number of ways.

On the PC you had Gamespy, that’s a pretty serious handicap.

Gear wasn’t unique, so people could and would be fighting over it.

And one cunt in a team of four would easily spoil an entire game for the other three.

It was definitely a game to be played with friends, not strangers.

There are pretty simple fixes for all of those things, and Borderlands 2 badly needs it.

21. freedoms_stain

I played with randoms once on xbox, I gave this kid an Iridian weapon and he was gushing my praises til I got sick of it and left :p

22. Mystic Sage

Randy you are the F**** man! Can’t wait for the game = )

23. Kabby

It seems he enjoys his job a lot. Rare for someone in the industry for such a long time.

24. Custard Ganet

Zero for me,Sniping all day long