Apogee Software confirmed during a QuakeCon panel today a remake of Rise of the Triad is in the works from Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded developer Interceptor Entertainment.
The game will maintain the storyline from the original 90’s PC shooter, with an updated 3D world with a full single-player campaign and multiplayer experience.
“We were seeking a strong, independent, hard-working development partner to herald the eagerly-anticipated return of ‘Rise of the Triad’,” said Terry Nagy, co-founder and CCO of Apogee. “We have indeed found that partner in Interceptor Entertainment.”
“Apogee has given us a great opportunity with Rise of the Triad,” said Interceptor CEO Frederik Schreiber. “We are all about fast-paced action and this was simply a perfect match for us as fans of old school shooters.”
Here’s some information on the revamp:
- Step into the shoes of the H.U.N.T. (High-Risk United Nations Taskforce) with five unique characters, each with different play styles.
- Blast through over 20 of levels of explosive single-player action.
- Unique multiplayer maps bring back all the fun and excitement of classic ROTT.
- The full arsenal of over-the top weapons is back, including the Flamewall, Firebomb, Split Missile, Drunk Missile and, of course, the Excalibat!
- The maniacal modes return, too, with God mode, Elasto mode, Mercury mode, Shrooms mode and everyone’s favorite, Dog mode!
- Build your own levels, mods and share them with Valve’s Steamworks.
- Offline single-player and multiplayer allows for instant action.
- Find tons of secrets, collectables, special events and hidden areas to explore.
- Get more than 100 achievements to add to your score, which is tracked on our worldwide leaderboard and stat-tracking system.
- ROTT is bloodier and more ludicrous than ever, with full character and enemy dismemberment.
- The iconic original soundtrack has been completely re-forged in the fires of heavy metal!
- Nostalgia abounds with the option to play with all the original sounds and music.
- Built on fully-licensed Unreal Engine 3 technology, ROTT will run on low-end PCs and push high-end PCs to their limits.
The Unreal Engine 3 developed titles is expected on Steam this year, complete with around 100 achievements and full Steamworks integration.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.