Raids in Mists of Pandaria to be rolled out in stages, first lands a week after launch

Thursday, 2nd August 2012 20:02 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Blizzard’s lead encounter designer Scott Mercer has said the Mogu’shan Vaults may not launch with Mists of Pandaria in September, but that the raid may instead be delayed until “a week or so” after the expansion’s release. Mercer said it would be “similar to how we’ve always handled the start of the PvP season, just to give players a little time to reach level 90 along with their friends and get acclimated to Pandaria’s new 5-player dungeons, daily quests, and scenarios. In any case, Mogu’shan Vaults is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the raid content we have lined up for Mists.”

Raids Heart of the Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring are also expected “a few weeks” after Mogu’shan Vaults launches. Thanks, PCgamesN.

1. NocturnalB

Played some in the early beta, it seems like a really good xpac, I’m not sure if i should renew my WoW sub for this, or try out Guild Wars 2. Never played Guild Wars before, I gotta say though the World v. World looks pretty awesome.

2. Se_7_eN

While somewhat tempting, I think my friends and I are going to go with Guild Wars 2… Kinda tired of subs TBH.

And the Guild Wars 2 beta was awesome!

3. NocturnalB

@2 did you try out the pvp any? How big does that World v. World get exactly? I already saw how massive the maps are, if it’s in the realm of hundreds of people or at least close to it i’m sold.

4. Se_7_eN

@3 – I didn’t do MUCH PVP, but from what I did do it is a lot of fun… World v. World does have hundreds of players its very impressive, watch this for some more details (http://kotaku.com/5931213/how-guild-wars-2-connects-its-servers-in-bloody-battle)

Sorry for the Kotaku link, I couldn’t find it here :(

5. TheWulf

Loads of people have said it’s the best PvP in a long time and it blows WoW and most games out of the water. Why? It’s like Dark Age of Camelot, which was heralded as the PvP master of its time, which nothing else has ever been like. The thing with PvP in WoW is that it wasn’t in at launch and as such it’s always been a ‘bolted on’ sort of feature.

Guild Wars 2 is launching with large scale PvP, which is quite amazing. Like I said, if you’re really into PvP and you thought DAoC was special, then you’ll love this. The words I’ve heard many times are that GW2 is the natural evolution of DAoC. So GW2 PvP is a big thing.