Medal of Honor: Warfighter video tells Preacher’s story

Wednesday, 1st August 2012 13:30 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

EA has released a new video for Medal of Honor: Warfighter, which touches upon Preacher’s story. In the game, Preacher and his fellow teammates are sent in to hunt down a global threat. The video is a mix of short, blink and you’ll miss gameplay clips and CG, which looks very live-action in some spots. Watch below. Game’s out in October.

1. YoungZer0

Global Threat, hm? Ugh, how uninspired and boring.

2. DSB

Global threats include moon lasers, comets and space aliens.

That should be fun!

3. YoungZer0

Moon lasers would definitely be interesting.

4. manamana

Games need definitely more moon lasers. Moon Patrol FTW! :-D

5. Maximum Payne

Is that Nolan North ?!

6. DSB

@3,4 I know, right?!

I thought it might just be me being weird, but it does make you think doesn’t it?

Who doesn’t want moon lasers? Moon lasers are awesome! And it used to be the sort of crackpot idea that you could rely on the medium to deliver.

Instead we get another Navy Seal chasing another terrorist, with C4′s or M4′s and probably a lot of other letters with a 4 slapped onto it. Where’s the fricken sense of adventure?

Even better, let me build the moon laser!

I guess what I’m really saying is: Make Evil Genius 2. Like, now.

7. OrbitMonkey

^ Moon lasers? Not very mature mate. It’s all about the gritty realism!!

Next you’ll be suggesting massive nuke hurling cannons in Iraq ;-)

8. DSB

More like anthropomorphic half-man, half-wolf supersoldiers with gauss cannons. How about we let the Mahdi militia eat them apples? And Iran? More like you’re gonna run.

Obviously the Mahdi in turn would consult some ancient beduin soothsayers in the desert and succeed in raising an unholy army supported by the Djinn, but I think that would just further serve to make the war a little more interesting.

Nukes? Puhlease.

Did I just invent a comicbook?

9. OrbitMonkey

^ No, but Activision’s lawyers are gonna want to know how you got your hands on the script for MW4 ;-)

10. xino

this game just looks and feels so BORING man!!!