Video: Dishonored gets four UK pre-order packs

Friday, 27th July 2012 10:03 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Bethesda’s released details and videos of what looks to be a sizable pre-order campaign for Dishonored in the UK. Pick your pack below.

All these Dishonored pre-order bonus items are now available in the UK.

GAME and GameStation Special Edition

Dishonored branded 72 tarot card deck with instructions to play the ‘Game of Nancy’ & the Arcane Assassin Downloadable Upgrade Pack, which includes:

• VOID CHANNEL: Powers duration and damage bonus {exclusive}
  • WHITE RAT FRIEND: White rats will not be hostile {exclusive}
  • GUTTER FEAST: White rat consumption for mana {exclusive}
  • WHALE IN-GAME STATUE: Unlocks one additional slot for bone charm bonuses {start with an extra slot earlier on}
  • UNHIDDEN BOOK: “Filed Notes: The Journal of Granny Rags” {exclusive}
  • 500 BONUS COINS

TESCO – Shadow Rat Downloadable Upgrade Pack

• DELICATE TOUCH: Breaking Glass noise reduction {exclusive}
  • VOYEUR: Key-hole peeping magnification {exclusive}
  • DEEP BREATHER: Underwater breathing capacity bonus {exclusive}
  • GOLDEN RAT STATUE: Unlocks one additional slot for bone charm bonuses {start with an extra slot earlier on}
  • UNHIDDEN BOOK: “Filed Notes: The Royal Spy” {exclusive}
  • 500 BONUS COINS

Shop.to.net – Backstreet Butcher Downloadable Upgrade Pack

• FENCER: sword vs. sword advantage bonus {exclusive}
  • FIRE WATER: increased whiskey bottle explosions {exclusive}
  • BLAST RESISTANT: reduced explosion damage taken {exclusive}
  • WOLFHOUND IN-GAME STATUE: unlocks one additional slot for bone charm bonuses {start with an extra slot earlier on}
  • UNHIDDEN BOOK: “Early Life and Times: Slackjaw”
  • 500 BONUS COINS

Amazon.co.uk – Acrobatic Killer Downloadable Upgrade Pack

• RAVEN: Health bonus for drop-down assassination {exclusive}
  • QUICK DODGE: Bolt / arrow dodging bonus {exclusive}
  • RIVER AFFINITY: Increased swimming speed {exclusive}
  • HAGFISH IN-GAME STATUE: Unlocks one additional slot for bone charm bonuses {start with an extra slot earlier on}
  • UNHIDDEN BOOK: “Rumours and Sightings: Daud”
  • 500 BONUS COINS

Dishonored casts you as a supernatural assassin named Corvo. Check out the latest footage here. It’s out on October 12 for 360, PS3, and PC.

1. OrbitMonkey

*bleh*

2. Chockster

Seriously, thay can just fuck right off with selective in-game bonuses for ordering. How am I meant to know if underwater breathing is more important than magnification through keyholes until I’ve played the fucking game?

Modern game marketing really sucks sometimes.

edit: and fuck it. I’ve change pre-order to order too. Pre-ordering can also fuck off. Ordering is where it’s at.

3. absolutezero

I want that deck of cards otherwise I would have ordered from Shopto like normal.

In game bollocks like this never ever make a difference to me. Actually I don’t think I know anyone that lets stuff like that change where to order something from.

4. Hunam

This is a bit much to be honest. Put me off buying it day one entirely now.

5. BraveArse

Much as I hate the idea of retail games ( including online ) going down the pan, things like this make me hope their days are numbered. I want the full experience please and if I have to download digitally or play on the “cloud” ( hate that word, it’s just a fucking network ) for that to happen then fine, make it happen.

6. DSB

It’s really no wonder that the games industry is doing the way it’s doing right now.

I can’t think of very many other industries that would offer this kind of leveraged punish/reward system for their products.

7. Christopher Jack

I was chucking a tantrum about this very business model in an earlier VG247 article today.

8. Kabby

The game is not designed around these perks. It’s pointless gubbins added at the end of the design process.

Just buy any version and stop giving yourself an ulcer over pointless shit.

9. MidlifeAxe

I think I’ll just pick it up on Steam when it’s available.

10. Christopher Jack

@8, I don’t think anyone is getting an ulcer over something so small. How ever, no one minds people getting an incentive for preordering, but all these different types of incentives restricted to specific conditions can really annoy an enthusiast.

11. noherczeg