Borderlands 2 Steam pre-purchase nets you an upgrade

Thursday, 26th July 2012 19:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

We just received a lovely notice from Steam that Borderlands 2 is now available for pre-purchase on the service. Those who decide to go ahead an drop the cash will be automatically upgraded Premier Club Edition which comes with: the Gearbox Gold Gun Pack which contains unique Gearbox Golden Guns; a Golden Key which unlocks a “rare item in the mysterious Sanctuary Loot Chest,”; the Vault Hunter’s Relic which boosts your gear-hunting fortune; and the new Mechromancer character class as soon as she’s available.

It will run you $59.99 and releases on September 21. If you already own Borderlands 1 through the service, you’ll get 10% off and it will run you $53.99 instead, but only until July 30.

1. wlodi

It’s actually 59,99$.

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Not on my end in the US.

3. DocCylon

Same offer applies in the UK for the price of £29.99. Actually a pretty good deal I think.

4. DSB

If you own Borderlands already you get 10% off. Might explain the different prices :)

5. freedoms_stain

£29.99 in the UK, I thought that price point had all but died in favour of £34.99+, Gearbox lighting the way.

6. DocCylon

Didn’t see the 10% off as well, I will definitely pre-purchase this weekend then :D

@5 I know right? Gearbox just wants to be loved.

7. Stephany Nunneley

@6 Strange because I own Borderlands 1 through Steam. Or is it the 10% UK only?

8. Talkar

Here’s the prices:

9. Stephany Nunneley

@8 Yeah, but while it is now showing 10% off for me, it’s still normally $69.99 on my end. See below.

10. DSB

Here’s the official message:

“Save 10% on your pre-purchase of Borderlands 2 if you own the original Borderlands! This weekend only.”

I’m not really seeing the 10% off myself, but it’s 49 euro and 99 cents here.

*Edit*

Actually, now I am. It’s all good in the hood.

11. DocCylon

@6 I’m not either but I definitely have the original on Steam. My assumption is it isn’t active til tomorrow? I mean it’s only Thursday and the offer says this weekend only.

12. DSB

@11 It’s live. The Steam weekend sales often start on Thursday and end on Monday.

They just took a few minutes to initialize the discount for some reason.

13. DocCylon

Hmm, discount still isn’t live for me (despite restarting steam etc). Will have to just leave it til tomorrow.

14. DSB

Weird, could be a localization issue I guess.

Steam doesn’t go on local times. The day always starts/ends at 7 PM CET in Europe, which is also noon CST in America.

15. Jarfen

How does it work if you buy the 4-pack? do all four games get the bonus or just the one that buys?

16. silkvg247

I wonder if I’ll get these bonuses on my copy – I preordered the ultimate vault edition from game.

17. freedoms_stain

@15, I read on the Steam forums that it’s all 4 but I dunno if that’s official.

18. Khan979

I live in the US and bought this last night for $53.99 after the 10% discount. Otherwise it was marked at $59.99. Not sure why there are price differences for some people.

19. Stephany Nunneley

@18 Yep. It is now showing it as $53.99 after the 10% discount for me now. I have no idea what was up with it yesterday. Anyway, I’ve changed the pricing in the post to reflect it.