Aftermath: EA details December Battlefield 3 expansion

Thursday, 26th July 2012 20:40 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

EA has released information on Battlefield 3: Aftermath, set amidst a post-earthquake Tehran where a continuous struggle for supremacy and survival exists amongst the devastation.

Here’s the official word:

“With operational capacity severely compromised the opposing forces must adapt and engage in vertical and horizontal urban combat amongst the dust and rubble with cracks and fissures in the terrain providing unexpected cover and paths to objectives.

“Additional support comes in the form of heavily modified troop transports and civilian vehicles specially adapted to deliver deadly force to the enemy.”

KEY FEATURES

• Urban warfare on four new maps
  • Fight through the dust and rubble, use the earthquake damaged terrain to your tactical advantage
  • New heavily modified military and civilian vehicles – ingenuity and firepower combined
  • New game mode
  • New weapons
  • New assignments, achievements and dog tags

Aftermath is slated for release in December.

Armored Kill releases in September, and the final DLC, End Game will release in March 2013.

Thanks, FahedJ at MP1st

1. bitsnark

CIVILIAN VEHICLES! DO YA SEE THAT?!

Welcome back Camaros! \o/

2. freedoms_stain

Sounds like we’re getting another 4 Grand Bazaar and Tehran Highway maps.

tbh, right now choice to not buy premium looking very much like the right one.

3. Colin Gallacher

Armoured Kill does look rather sexy though.

4. roadkill

@1 I’m also very excited about that. Don’t get me wrong my tanks stats are off the charts but I like IFVs more. I prefer mobility over fire power.

@2 Only CoD fans (or dumb a** kids) and incredibly rich people bought it.

@3 You can buy each expansion on it’s own.

5. Giskard

@4 I despise CoD with every fibre of my being, and I’m not overly rich (I think). I just love Battlefield, and it’s my shooter of choice for the next year, so I got Premium. I don’t see what the hate is all about. Close Quarters is fun, and while it may not have tanks, it’s still miles above anything CoD can put out.

6. Len

@5 + 1

Premium is excellent , dunno what all the naysayers have a problem with. Having a lot of fun with it personally… :)

7. Dimaco

@5&6 +1

Same here… can’t really complain about Premium, since I also love BF3 and will be playing it for the next year or so…

8. Tech-N9ne

(@5+@6+@7)+1 ;)

I bought Premium too ‘cos the only shooter I play is Battlefield 3 and CQ is fun, I love Gun Master most especially. People like @2 just hate cos it makes them feel like they are above others that bought premium or something.

9. freedoms_stain

@8, assumptions my friend, they make you look like an asshole.

EA want £40 for map packs they won’t tell me anything about, then they go and release “Close Quarters” first – I don’t give a fuck about Close Quarters maps, I certainly wouldn’t shell out £10 for it individually, why would I want to lay down £40 NOW with no assurance that the final 2 map packs, which until now we’ve known almost NOTHING about either (and what they’ve given us does not exactly sound encouraging) aren’t going to be shit I’m not interested in either?

“Premium is excellent”, really? how do you know? You’ve had less than a quarter of the content out of it, and personally I no longer trust Dice to deliver good Battlefield content. Will not pre-order the next battlefield game that is for damned sure.

10. Giskard

@9 I have faith in Dice, and so far, I don’t regret a thing.

11. John117

@10 Nothing can mend a broken heart except with time. I love Premium, it gives me what I would’ve bought anyway but cheaper + loads of different extra stuff. So far I’ve gotten 5 assignments, wep skins, a new knife, one strategy guide, double exp events and videos made by DICE employees who talk about the game from their perspective. Not bad for 4000 MS points when I would pay a total of 4800 MS points for the map packs if I bought them at release.

12. Len

@9 Err it’s excellent (IMO) because I’m really enjoying playing all the content so far (for a measly $10/$40) and can’t wait for all the extra content to come. Not really sure what your point is apart from a subjective you don’t like it which is fine, doesn’t mean I can’t like it.

@11 That as well. :)