Two lovely WRC3 shots show a Ford and Citroen

Tuesday, 24th July 2012 14:08 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Milestone Studios and Black Bean have released two screenshots for WRC3, which is out on October 12. The third entry in the series is being described as a “radical departure” for the franchise and will include advanced lightning, crowd and particle effects. On top of that, it contains over 50 official WRC teams and all the tracks from the 2012 calendar, and cars galore. WRC3 will release on PC, PS3, Vita and Xbox 360. A video for it was released last week, and the two screens are below.

1. DSB

I would love a serious rally game. Dirt is so messed up these days.

Sadly I just don’t see one ever coming from Black Bean.

DICE should just drop Mirror’s Edge and revive Rallisport instead :P

2. treborr

I’m with you there DSB, Dirt just just took a dive since the second instalment. Or even Simbin?

3. Razor

Sony should get Evolution back working on rally titles.

Their skill is so wasted on Motorstorm.

4. Patrick Garratt

Day one. I want straight up, single-player rally with long stages and ladders. No “racing” with others.

5. DSB

Except for the slightly terrified sounding copilot with the Finnish accent. Those guys are a pillar of the sport if you ask me.

Really, just adding one would’ve made Dirt leagues better.

If they had ditched the 18 year old American pothead with the “Rad slang, brah” and replaced it with some hick from a reindeer camp in northern Lapland, I would’ve grown to accept the simplistic gameplay.

6. manamana

Dirt3 was Ace in terms of Monte Carlo and graphics! But yeah, I’m totally for a hardcore Rallye game without Gymkhana and whatnot …