Sections

Square boss: Final Fantasy Versus XIII still in production

Tuesday, 24th July 2012 06:19 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Square Enix president Yoichi Wada has dispelled rumours of Final Fantasy Versus XIII’s demise.

The executive took to Twitter to describe the rumours as a hoax.

Wada said he attended a regular meeting on the RPG’s progress today, and that fans would be surprised to see how the game is shaping up; he specifically mentioned the city setting.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII was announced over six years ago as part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis sequence; an expected reveal earlier this year was unaccountably delayed. We may hear more on September 1.

Breaking news

14 Comments

Sign in to post a comment.

  1. WFMMK

    Good news.

    #1 2 years ago
  2. Yosemite

    Great News!!! Thanks God!

    #2 2 years ago
  3. Takeshi

    Great to hear that. This pretty much confirms it. I doubt he’d lie just to calm investors. Here’s hoping that it’ll be mentioned in the press conference or at TGS.

    #3 2 years ago
  4. Clupula

    And Kotaku got the hits they wanted.

    #4 2 years ago
  5. Da Man

    Excellent, now I can look forward to playing a dramatic tale of angst and schizophrenia in a few more years.

    This time without the screen swirling.

    #5 2 years ago
  6. Dragon246

    The best thing wada has said yet.

    #6 2 years ago
  7. Erthazus

    Awesome really.

    #7 2 years ago
  8. Monk

    Oh thanks god.

    #8 2 years ago
  9. Erthazus

    Now (!) who the fuck started this false rumor? Pretty much that guy or whatver need to close his site.

    #9 2 years ago
  10. Da Man

    No, but they need to ban you for escalating the discussion in that thread, posting flame bait, and flooding.

    #10 2 years ago
  11. KAP

    CROWD CONTROL-CROWD CONTROL!!!

    #11 2 years ago
  12. GodsSins

    Awesome news been waiting for more info after i had seen the video of the open terrain you can walk in the world the cities are gunna be insane like the old school FF rpgs. No news cuz they been to busy working on it trying to make it the best.

    #12 2 years ago
  13. alimokrane

    The rumours of its cancellation were very silly! BUT it’s clear this game will never see the light of day on this current generation of consoles, my guess it will be a launch title for the PS3 and possible 360 if it goes multiplatform which is highly likely now considering how much money they have spent on it.

    #13 2 years ago
  14. knuck

    @9 Hint: it was the biggest yellow journalism gaming site who started it!

    #14 2 years ago