End of Nations closed beta weekend is underway

Saturday, 21st July 2012 14:14 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The closed beta weekend for Trion Worlds’ strategy MMO End of Nations is live. If you have not checked your inbox lately, you may wish to do so as there may be an invite languishing alongside your Kitten Weekly newsletter or daily shots of Bay City Badonkadonks. The testing ends on Sunday, July 22. If you have not signed up, hit this link so you can be considered for future testing.

1. GrimRita

Yeah I got a key for this. Probably the dumbest thing I have seen Trion do imo. Holding a beta weekend when GUILD WARS 2 has its final beta weekend.

2. Talkar

I’ve also gotten a key for this. But the game won’t run on Windows 8. Quite a big fail considering that Windows 8 gets released in a few months. But it could also just be because it is beta, so i wont judge just yet :P

3. GrimRita

I was pumped for this – a few of my friends work at Petroglyph and after all, they are the masters of RTS being C&C vets.

So I will give this a whirl tomorrow probably as I am enjoying the pvp in GW2 atm – its just chaos, world pvp.

4. Talkar

Yeah, i’ve always liked Petroglyph, kinda one of the reasons i’ll let it slide that it doesn’t support Win8 yet. And i hope this game will be succesfull, but i would really like to actually try and play it xD

5. Joe_Gamer

I’ve been playing all day, it’s a fun game but higher level players dominate far too much in the early game. So far it’s basically just a standard multi-player only RTS with a cash shop, somewhat fun but like most competitive online games the learning curve is extremely steep and I think that will drive away many players. Much of the game’s depth is buried down deep, the tooltips are far too brief and since there’s no single player campaign just stopping to try and read them will get you steam rolled. For my money I’d rather just buy a normal RTS than this hybrid MMO style, multi-player is fun but I prefer a single player experience.

@Talkar: Yes, super giant epic failure that the beta isn’t compatible with an OS that doesn’t even exist on the market yet. I don’t like to use the word entitled since everyone want’s something but c’mon guy, rein it in a little bit, you’re making humanity look bad. Thank the gods though that you are willing to “let it slide” otherwise I don’t think they could live with themselves >.>

6. Talkar

Dude, relax man. Didn’t you see i said i’m not holding it against them? geez. relax man. And yeah sure i’m the one making humanity look bad. Not the people taking and selling drugs, not the ones selling, buying and using guns and weapons of mass destruction. No i am for wanting a game to support the most recent version of the worlds most popular OS at launch. I’m so sorry!

7. viralshag

I would rather of had a beta invite to this than another GW2 beta. That game still is doing nothing for me and I’m still gutted I bought it.

8. GrimRita

@7 They have made a lot of improvements. World PvP is just so much fun. Someone asked in chat yesterday ‘Why dont I get any PvP medals or tokens?’ – The reply was ‘There was a time when PvP was played for fun – that time has returned’ and he was spot on.

But End of Nations will be a good game once things liek Tutorials and tips from the community appear. The concept is great, the game looks great and I cant wait to start today