Steam Summer Sale day seven – Total War, Thief, LA Noire, more discounted

Wednesday, 18th July 2012 18:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The diabolical, wallet reducing, Steam Summer Sale continues today with discounts on . Hit the break for the list. If you dare.

• L.A. Noire Complete Edition
  • Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion
  • Total War Mega Pack
  • Thief franchise
  • Age of Empire Online Bundle
  • Stalker bundle
  • Carpe Fulgar series (Recetear, Chantelise, Fortune Summoners)
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Indie Bundle VII (Avadon, Zombie Driver, QUBE, Dungeons of Dredmor, Vessel)

Flash sales include Bastion, Dead Space 2, Saints Row: The Third, and The Binding of Issac.

1. Pytox

mm not that great

2. Gekidami

Its funny that people seem to be so stunned by the Steam Sales when really, the discounts are equal to prices you can find for physical media by shopping around or by getting second hand.

But i guess thats one of Valves advantages to having a monopoly.

3. Phoenixblight

You don’t have to go driving around to find a store that has a particular game and will never find a brick and mortar store with a sale this large for 10 days.

4. Gekidami

Why does it have to be “brick & mortar” and involve actually moving yourself? They invented this thing, its called the Internet. Plenty of online retailers will ship physical games to you at varying prices all throughout the year.

People seem to get hung up on GAME and alike being the only way to get physical games these days. Wrong.

5. TMRNetShark

@4 I’d like to see copies of Just Cause 2 on sale for under $4. Please.. link me.

6. Phoenixblight

Find a place that has games for the prices steam has with shipping including. I will be anxiously waiting.

7. OlderGamer

Nice try Gek, Steam is still the king.

8. Gekidami

Link me to the game on Steam for that price, seeing as JC2 wasnt actually a part of the summer sales and is at 10$ right now at -40%. Physical at that price all year round? Easily findable.

Shop around.

9. Phoenixblight

Of course you can’t prove anything. For whatever reason you are just mad. Also I don’t have to wait for shipping. I can just click download and my job is done.

I have spent 30$ and I have 12 games no way could have done that at any other retailer.

Also Just Cause 2 was on sale yesterday for under that price. GG

10. Gekidami

You dont seem to be understanding what i actually said. It’s cool and all that you got stuff cheap for a sale, but throughout the rest of the year you’re pretty much stuck with the prices of a single retailer without any possibility of shopping around.

Valve have a monopoly on the digital games market.

11. Phoenixblight

I have bought games from gamefly, green man gaming and AMazon through digital. SO yeah not as much of monopoly as you think.

12. OlderGamer

Steam has daily deals, weekly deals, and midweek madness deals. The king I tell you. And PB was right Just Cause 2 ran yesterday, actualy I just checked JC2 is on sale right now for 3.74usd..

Been really enjoying this sale, just got NFS HP for 4.99.

13. Sadismek

I got GTA Collection for just 7.49euro. Awesome :D. Although I love to have boxed copies of everything, this was impossible to miss. I don’t think I could get GTA III, IV, Liberty City Episodes, San Andreas and Vice City boxed, for that price.

14. freedoms_stain

Most of the things I have bought in the Steam sale are digital only, of the things you could get boxed, conceivably The Witcher 2 might have gone for <£11.99, but I don't think Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition has ever been cheaper than £7.49 anywhere in the UK.

15. ultramega

No, you really can’t find deals like this around. At least, not that I’ve ever seen. Maybe those that live in the US can, but I rarely see decent sales in Canada on PC games.

16. Old MacDonald

This year’s Steam-sale has been a real disappointment for me. Maybe because Steam just haven’t been releasing enough new indie games for there to be anything exciting to sell?

17. Crissy

Wow, I am totally happy with L.A. Noire Complete Edition and Age of Empire Online Bundle. I’m glad I kept my birthday paysafecard voucher that long.
    However, I’ve either already got the games I wanted before or I didn’t want them even if they pay me. But hey, could be worse!