Mon, Jul 16, 2012 | 14:40 BST
Need for Speed: Most Wanted pre-order incentives detailed
Those pre-ordering Need for Speed: Most Wanted will be able to grab one of three DLC packs as a bonus, EA said today.
Players that pre-order the game now will all receive the Need for Speed Most Wanted Limited Edition, which includes two early unlocked multiplayer cars – the Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale and Porsche 911 Carrera S – as well as other bonuses.
Three DLC packs are available from various retailers, meaning you’ll be able to grab the Speed Pack, Strike Pack or Power Pack as a result of an early buy.
Multiplayer bonuses included in the special edition include:
- Four hours of Double Speed Points: Players earn double speed points throughout the first four hours of multiplayer
- 2012 Porsche 911 Carerra S: Optimized Aerodynamic Body that reduces drag for maximum speed and Nitrous Burn, delivering efficient and sustained speed boosts
- Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale: A Race Pack Powertrain tuned for increased power and the impact protection modification to provide increased stability and strength
The DLC packs are broken down thus. They add a car each, basically. There doesn’t seem to be an information on which retailer gives which pack, but there we are.
- Speed Pack: The Caterham Superlight R500 in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Track Tyres Modification for improved road handling, and the Lightweight Chassis Modification allowing players to reach “mesmerizing speeds”.
- Strike Pack: The Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Power Pack Powertrain Modification for an engine tuned for torque, acceleration and the ability to reach “breakneck speeds,” and the Re-inflating Tyres Modification making it easier to survive and counter rivals’ attempts to slow players down.
- Power Pack: The Ford F-150 SVT Raptor in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Reinforced Chassis Modification for taking increased damage, and the “powerful and violent” Nitrous Dump Modification for “making tight jumps and powered up takedowns”.
It’s out on October 30 in the US and November 1 in Europe for 360, PS3, Vita, PC, iOS and Android. The pre-order stuff’s only applicable to the PS3 and 360 versions.