Steam Summer Sale day 3: Skyrim, Two Worlds II, Borderlands, more

Saturday, 14th July 2012 18:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Steam Summer Sale has entered day 3, and today’s deals are rather nice. The sales up for grabs are listed below the break.

Today’s deals are:

• Skyrim – 50% off
  • Dead Island – 66% off
  • Orcs Must Die! – 75% off
  • Dirt Showdown – 50% off
  • Tropico 4 – 75% off
  • Two Worlds II – 75% off
  • Borderlands – 75% off
  • Frozen Synapse – 90% off
  • Indie Bundle III (Bunch of Heroes, BIT.TRIP:BEAT, Braid, Runespell: Overture, Insanely Twisted Shadow) – 75% off

Flash sales include Sam & Max, Brink, Ys: Origin, and Knights of the Old Republic.

1. Talkar

I would like to add that KOTOR is on as a flash sale (as mentioned in the article) as of 7pm CEST and the next 8 hours. 2,24€ for one of the best SPRPG’s in the history of video games IMO.

2. Phoenixblight

3$ is cheap but the amount of work you need to put into just to get it to play on widescreen and newer OS not so much.

3. DSB

Yeah, they really don’t work too well on newer rigs, but I agree. Especially the first one was just excellent.

4. Giskard

@1-3 KOTOR works wonderfully for nVidia graphics cards. Haven’t had a problem with it ever.

I will however second that Knights is pretty much one of the best, if not THE best RPG out there. It being Star Wars is just icing on the cake.

5. Phoenixblight

I have always used Nvidia. I bought this game a while ago for few bucks. I had to put in a few hoursa of work to get it to work properly with the help of mods. When I could have just gone grabbed the Xbox and loaded the game instantly there.

6. freedoms_stain

I spent ages fucking about with resolution fixes for KOTOR only to find out that my display auto-scaled the picture to 16:9 anyway.

In the end I abandoned the game because the inventory system was almost identical to Mass Effect and I couldn’t be arsed dealing with that shite again.

7. Andytizer

You can find fixes for KOTOR on this user-editable page dedicated to game fixes: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic

8. Giskard

@4 Odd. It worked without a hitch on my W7 machine.

@freedom Your loss.

9. Kabby

I preferred the screenshots!

10. freedoms_stain

@8, different strokes, I don’t feel I lost anything by not playing a game I didn’t enjoy.

11. Takeshi

Hmm, Dead Island will have to wait for another sale. Payday: The Heist, Skyrim and Alan Wake have already cost too much for what I can manage.