A press release published by Phantasy Star Online community site, PSO World, suggests the free-to-play MMO action-RPG will launch in North America and Europe in “early 2013.”
PSO World, a Phantasy Star Online community site, published a press release earlier today that states the long-awaited sequel to the Dreamcast’s 2001 original Phantasy Star Online will arrive early next year. The site stated that an official announcement is expected from Sega later today.
The press release reads:
“Phantasy Star Online was a revolutionary game when it was released, and we want to make sure that its successor in the series is every bit as ambitious,” said Chris Olson, Vice President of Digital Business at SEGA of America. “We look forward to introducing Phantasy Star Online 2’s unique, easy-to-access multiplayer action to the rest of the world next year!”
The game will feature:
- Deep sci-fi fantasy universe filled with lush landscapes, extraordinary creatures, and epic adventures
- Revolutionary real-time combat and third-person action with devastating combos and counters to master
- Flexible, class-based leveling system that lets players define their own play-style with distinctive melee, ranged, and magic weapon types
- Randomized dungeon maps and unexpected mid-quest encounters that ensure each quest is different for each player
- Deep character creation system with a nearly limitless number of potential appearances
- Three degrees of humanity to experience across three unique races: the versatile Humans, spiritually-powered Newmen, and artificial CAST
Phantasy Star Online 2 will launch on PC, Vita, iOS and Android. Check out the trailer below.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.