Season Two of The Walking Dead planned, says Telltale

Friday, 6th July 2012 21:54 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Telltale has announced once all five episodes of The Walking Dead are released, and the compilation disc lands at retail, it will focus on creating Season Two of the series. Speaking with Polygon, Telltale’s SVP of marketing Steve Allison also commented on the announcement of the Terminal Reality shooter based on The Walking Dead, stating: “as huge fans of the franchise and the show, we’re looking forward to seeing Terminal Reality’s game when it comes out.” Allison said Telltale’s episodic series sold 1.7 million copies in its first 8 weeks. Episode 3 is due sometime next month.

1. someguy2

YES! So far the season has been excellent, really gripping stuff. I was very sceptical at first but Telltale has blown me away, I hope the next three episodes are even better.

2. Sini

yeah it is, and i dont even watch the show or read the comics, telltales pretty much evolved the old adventure genre, it makes recent games like Resonance look play very dated in comparison.
    Funnily enough, these little telltale episodes also have the best writing out there when it comes to games, makes mass effect 3 or skyrim npcs exchanges look outright retarded.

3. KAP

I only got the game because I was a huge fan of TV series. Huge fan. The game truely is something unique, the little touches to conversations you have with different people is done tremendously well.

The end of episode 2 was amazing I couldn’t believe it.
    The fact I only play each episode once and stick with my decisions is just a testament of how great this game really is. I won’t touch it now until episode 3.. Who else plays it like this?

4. Sadismek

@3 I play like that aswell.

The series is really something unique, I just hope Telltale can secure more licenses. A Star Wars one would be awesome, but anything that could use their talent at it’s fullest, really.

The second episode was mind-blowing. I just hope every episode from now on will be able to take me by surprise. This is the only game that literaly made me hold my breath while I pushed a bookshelf, so that has something to say about their writing talent.

If you haven’t played it yet, here’s my wallet. Buy it. Get it. Now.

5. Crab of Thunder

@3,4
    Yeah same just feels more authentic if your decisions are how you first reacted to everything.
    Season 2 I like because these episodes are good, this FPS however, more sceptical.

6. KAP

@4&5

It’s good to see people play it like me. That’s kool, I made some fucked up choices in Ep 2….. Poor clementine…

7. Pip

@6 Nice spoiler there. Was looking forward to playing through episode 2 tomorrow.

8. Phoenixblight

He didn’t spoil anything. Just saying how such a little girl can see and experience such traumatizing things.

9. TheWulf

Good to hear. The storytelling of the first season thus far has been pretty good. I’m getting quite attached to these characters. There’s definitely some emotional power behind both the writing and the voice-acting and that appeals to me. It’s the hallmark of a good game.

So I’d definitely be up for buying a second season.

10. KAP

Chill dude, like 8 said that was far from anytype of spoilers.
    I was just saying with all the shit that’s gone on in the world, you just feel sorryfor the poor girl.
    Specially with the choices I’ve made.

11. pukem0n

screw clementine, i did what i had to :D

its nice too see how your choices affect the people around you and to see how many people made the same choices as i did at the end of each episode

12. mad1723

I love this game to death. If they make a season 2, they can take all my money! I can’t wait for episode 3 (hmmmm, that reminds me of another game…).