Rumor – 343 working on Halo 2: Anniversary Edition

Friday, 6th July 2012 20:59 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

According to the rumor section in the latest Official Xbox Magazine, a Halo 2: Anniversary Edition is in the works from 343 Industries. “Following the success of remake Halo: Anniversary, 343 Industries has now started development of Halo 2: Anniversary,” reads the rumor blurb per CVG. We’ll send a mail. Currently, 343 is hard at work on finishing up Halo 4 for release in November.

1. ManuOtaku

The halo combat evolved HD anniversary edtion was so great, i will get this one without a second thought, aka in a heart beat.

2. alimokrane

What was done with Halo 1 in the first remake is trule remarkable and exactly what HD remakes should be like – not some half-assed attempt at a quick cash-in (I am looking at you Capcom and Ubisoft!). If the Halo 2 remake is given the same treatment, you can have my money MS!

3. diego-rbb-93

Im asking too much if I request the game for PC?

4. The_Red

Hopefully after this, they go for Halo 3 Anniversary Edition because god knows that game that some badly last gen visuals when it came out for 360.

5. FrankieDF

If it doesn’t have halo 2′s multiplayer online then I am decidedly not interested.

6. polygem

Halo cea was really really good. I love halo 2. Would be great if true. Guess it will be the same with the mp remake. Will prolly use halo 4s mp and will have some special h2 modes and remakes of maps. Wont be a dealbreaker for me. Day 1…

7. WeazelGmr

I really want Halo Wars on PC, never got to play it been thinking about it lately.

Halo 2 > Halo.

8. Anders

And in ten years, we’ll se Halo 4: Anniversary Edition. Full circle.

9. Ireland Michael

@4 That would be pretty hilarious, seeing an Anniversary Edition of a game on the hardware it was originally released on.

@7 You’re not missing out on much.

10. OrbitMonkey

^ It sounded funny to me too, but I can just see that happening as console cycles stretch. Games that released in the first 2-3 years, getting a spit and polish for re-release in the 5-6 year life-cycle.

Bet they would sell too.

11. Gadzooks!

Get in! Instapurchase, obviously.

Can’t say I’m looking forward to sniper 1-shots though. Brutal campaign on legendary.