Far Cry 3 producer Dan Hay has said you won’t need to worry about taking any malaria pills this time out, and your guns will no longer rust.
Speaking with Kotaku, Hay dropped a few more details on what is and isn’t in the third entry into the franchise. Here’s what we found out by reading the article:
- The friend system isn’t back.
- Fire propagation is back.
- A fast-travel system has been implemented.
- People stay dead so when you “own an area, you own the area.”
- Guns will no longer rust.
- No malaria-pills required.
- The game’s map is an archipelago so, the single-player campaign is on one island; the four-player co-op on another; the PvP is on yet another.
- The in-game editor lets you build you own islands and maps.
There ya go. There’s also a few choice quotes on the game through the link if you feel like clicking.
Far Cry 3 hits December 4 in the United States and November 28 in Europe.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.